Calibration of Load Cell using Compression Machine as Comparator

S

Squarepants

Hi everyone,

Good day!

I'd like to ask to anyone who has an experience or knowledge in calibration of load cell. Is it possible to use the compression machine as a comparator for calibration of load cell in compression mode? because I have a customer that insisted me to do the calibration using compression machine.

We haven't any universal calibrating machine to perform the standard procedure for the load cell calibration. I am not sure if it is possible to use the compression machine as comparator. I can't imagine how I perform the hysteresis.

I know that this post is kinda non-sense but I just want to hear your opinion regarding this matter.

thanks & regards,

Squarepants:thanx:

BradM

Leader
Admin
Hello there! :bigwave: Welcome to the Cove!

Now.... be patient with me as I try to understand your scenario.

You have a compression machine, labeled A. You have some load cells that are used on that compression machine, labeled B, C, D.

Your question stems around using the compression machine as a comparative device. Correct?

Does that mean using, B,C,D on A; or on another compression machine?

I guess I'm confused on exactly what you are going to be comparing. Do you have standard load cells you would use as comparison to B, C, D?

Sorry for all the questions. :eek: Just trying to get a feel for your scenario. :)

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
Actually, the compression machine should function more as a faxture than standard. Typically, the master load cell (calibration standard) can be placed in series and then the machine operated. That way, both the standard and customer load cells receive the same compression at the same time.

You can use either set the force or follow the force methods.

You should use a load cell with at least the same capacity as the greatest load the machine can produce, and preferably higher.

Hope this helps.

S

Squarepants

Hello there! :bigwave: Welcome to the Cove!

Now.... be patient with me as I try to understand your scenario.

You have a compression machine, labeled A. You have some load cells that are used on that compression machine, labeled B, C, D.

Your question stems around using the compression machine as a comparative device. Correct?

Does that mean using, B,C,D on A; or on another compression machine?

I guess I'm confused on exactly what you are going to be comparing. Do you have standard load cells you would use as comparison to B, C, D?

Sorry for all the questions. :eek: Just trying to get a feel for your scenario. :)
Hi BradM,

thanks for the reply. Yes you are correct. I will use the compression testing machine as a comparative device. this is as per customer's request since they urgently need the calibration certificate for load cell. so they suggests to use their compression m/c as a comparative device.

Hi Hershal,

also, Thanks to your reply. that's the correct way of calibrating load cell according to iso 376. but since there is no available comparator or comparative device the customer suggests to use their compression machine. I think that is possible provided that the compression area is fit for two load cell with loading plate in between cells.

Top Bottom