Valid Food Safety Objectives

K

kimpc82

hello...

i would like to have comment from you all regarding FOOD SAFETY objectives as stated below:

production plan achievement more than 80%
Customer Satisfaction more than 80%
Complaints less than 3 cases
Vendor performance more than 80%
reduce product loss to 10%
design and develop at least 3 new products
manpower turnover less than 10%
provide at least 2 hours training to all employee
control machine breakdown time less than 2 hours

Is it sound food safety objective to you????? the problem here is i cant see it are related to food safety. even the auditor was asking how we could see it related to food safety. however, v r certified !!!!

any comment??? if u r not agree too, can u show me example of food safety objective????

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Food Safety Objectives

You are right. These objectives are more related to ISO 9001 than ISO 22000.

Some examples of food safety related objectives are:

Not more than X breaches of hygiene practices (not wearing scalp covering, jewelery violations etc) are allowed in the high risk production department per month

Not more than X delayed orders for food safety reasons in year 200Y.

Not more than X% false results in microbiological testing for year 200Y.

Not more than X kg of micro biologically contaminated raw materials from critical supplier per month.

Not more than X% of (type of product/brand) returned due to failed packaging per month.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Re: Food Safety Objectives

hello...

i would like to have comment from you all regarding FOOD SAFETY objectives as stated below:

Is it sound food safety objective to you????? the problem here is i cant see it are related to food safety. even the auditor was asking how we could see it related to food safety. however, v r certified !!!!

any comment??? if u r not agree too, can u show me example of food safety objective????

The objectives you have highlighted refer more or less apllicable to any industry like ISO 9001 and not does not truly talk about food safety.

I am attaching an article on Food Safety Objectives. Go through this and your concepts will be more clearer. ;)

Also attached is an article jointly from WHO and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
of the United Nations.

Attachments

• Food safety Objectives.pdf
    85.5 KB · Views: 3,802
  • FAO article.pdf
    379 KB · Views: 1,541
Last edited:
A

ACMercurio

hi i'm relatively new here, i hope someone can help me understand or state examples of a food safety objective for quick service restaurants. replies are needed ASAP and would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
................... someone can help me understand or state examples of a food safety objective for quick service restaurants ..........................

Welcome to the Cove.

First you have to understand that the difference between a quick service restaurant with other restaurants is just the mode of operation. But food safety is all the same - they all need to serve safe food. Therefore the food safety objectives are the same and you can refer to the few posts above for reference.

On top of that, there are often local health regulations to regulate these and you may quote meeting them as your objectives.

A

ACMercurio

Thank you for the prompt response harry. do you have additional links where i can find examples of food safety objectives?

R

Rickyjames123

Follow a systematic routine and avoid junk food. Drink lot of water minimum 5 liters a day.take a proper sleep of min

R

ronoele

hello..

I would like to ask some help if this food safety objectives below that i make is right or acceptable as SMART food safety objectives:

1. To upgrade the food safety knowledge of all personnel through continuous improvement training for effectiveness of quality management system, every year.

2. To prevent and reduce customer complaints through analyzing, identifying and implementing continuous improvement to deliver competitive advantage in a year.

3. A continual improvement management cycle to ensure an effective and efficient management quality process, all through-out the year.

you can give me any better or acceptable objectives relate to each goal if you want/can. Please don't hesitate. Its my pleasure to learn for you guys.

hoping for respectful and valid answers/comments.

Thank you!
Best regards,
ron

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
hello..

I would like to ask some help if this food safety objectives below that i make is right or acceptable as SMART food safety objectives:

1. To upgrade the food safety knowledge of all personnel through continuous improvement training for effectiveness of quality management system, every year.

2. To prevent and reduce customer complaints through analyzing, identifying and implementing continuous improvement to deliver competitive advantage in a year.

3. A continual improvement management cycle to ensure an effective and efficient management quality process, all through-out the year.

you can give me any better or acceptable objectives relate to each goal if you want/can. Please don't hesitate. Its my pleasure to learn for you guys.

hoping for respectful and valid answers/comments.

Thank you!
Best regards,
ron

Welcome to the Cove,

I do not see any "M" (Measurable) in any of the objectives

R

ronoele

thank you very much Mr Ajit Basrur..

Measurable mean answerable by "How?" am i right? should i put numbers/percentage? sorry for being curious,just wanna make sure.

Thanks

Top Bottom