KBR Issued Level III CAR in Iraq

M

Ms Sparky

KBR in Iraq was just issued a Level III CAR.

Here are a couple blog posts about this.

I am trying to do some research on DCMA Level IV (4) Corrective Action Request (CAR). I am curious what would have happened if it had been a Level IV. I Googled and can't find anything about Level IV's. Can someone point me in the right direction. Have there been other level IV's issued?

Any assistance would be welcome.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
J

justncredible

Level 4 looks like they terminate the contract. Although level 3 shows as extreme negligent proformance. I think that opens them up for lawsuits. 18 cases it shows a complete breakdown of the entire system, there was no controls. If you work there in quality, I would leave as soon as possible. Sometimes in a company it is better to be looking for a job, than be part of a failed system. People in that company will most likley end up in jail.

J

justncredible

All CARs are coordinated within the surveillance team and approved by the EVM Center prior to issuance to the supplier. Coordination to the Division level is intended as a courtesy for information only, and does not imply approval authority. All EVMS CAR approval authority rests with the EVM Center, prior to being distributed to the supplier. All CARs will be documented and tracked. Verbal CARs are not acceptable.

Level I CAR is issued when a contractual non-compliance requires no special management attention to correct. Level I CARs are directed to the supplier working level personnel.

Level II CAR is a request for corrective action for contractual non-compliances that are systemic in nature and/or could adversely affect cost, schedule, or performance if not corrected. A Level I CAR may be escalated to a Level II CAR as the result of Level I CARs for the same types of non-conformances, across several programs/contracts or several Control Account Managers, indicating a systemic issue. Level II CARs are directed to the supplier management level responsible for the process with a copy to the responsible ACO.

Level III CAR identifies issues where cost, schedule, technical performance, resources, or management process issues have unfavorably affected program performance and have not been corrected by the supplier. A Level III CAR need not be preceded by a Level I or Level II CAR. A CAR may also become a Level III after Level I and/or Level II attempts have failed and escalation is warranted OR in the case where the situation is deemed serious enough to warrant higher level attention. Failure to meet requirements cited in a CAR may include, but is not limited to, poor or incomplete corrective action plan, poor or missing root cause analysis, irreconcilable differences between DCMA and supplier. The supplier’s failure to appropriately correct a non-compliance in a Level III CAR shall result in an escalation from Level III to Level IV.

A Level III CAR is addressed to the supplier's (site specific) top tier business manager. Level III CARs may be coupled with contractual remedies such as reductions of progress payments, cost disallowances, cure notices, show cause letters, or management systems disapprovals. Level III CARs may trigger formal reviews such as post award review for cause, compliance reviews, or other system validation reviews and may result in suspension or revocation of EVMS certification. When Level III CAR is closed, copies of the closed CAR should be sent to all those addressed and/or copied in the original CAR, as appropriate.

Level IV CAR identifies issues where cost, schedule, technical performance, resources, or management process issues have unfavorably affected program performance across multiple programs or multiple sites; and have not been corrected by the supplier. A CAR also becomes a Level IV after Level III attempts have failed and escalation is warranted. The CAR should be addressed at the supplier's corporate level.

A level IV CAR is issued to advise the supplier of contractual remedies such as suspension of progress payments or product acceptance activities, termination for default, and suspension or debarment, in accordance with applicable FAR/DFARS policies and procedures. Level IV CARs may trigger formal reviews such as post award review for cause, compliance reviews, or other system validation reviews and may result in suspension or revocation of EVMS certification. When a Level IV CAR is closed, copies of the closed CAR should be sent to all those addressed and/or copied in the original CAR, as appropriate.

http://guidebook.dcma.mil/79/instructions.htm

My first post was a guess based upon the wording this is the actual DCMA. The website asked for a password and then went away. Not sure what that was about.

M

Ms Sparky

Level 4 looks like they terminate the contract. Although level 3 shows as extreme negligent proformance. I think that opens them up for lawsuits. 18 cases it shows a complete breakdown of the entire system, there was no controls. If you work there in quality, I would leave as soon as possible. Sometimes in a company it is better to be looking for a job, than be part of a failed system. People in that company will most likley end up in jail.

Alrighty then!!! Where are these 18 cases you are referring to.... and is there a reference document I can refer to that describes the differences between Level III and Level IV.

Thank You!

J

justncredible

Yeah I noticed that a few mins ago,,LOL

As most if not all of us on this forums are in the quality related arena, my first post would be advice I would tell anyone seeing unsafe or known bad quality being pushed. Our job is to point out mistakes and help to make sure the product or service we help in providing not only meets expectations of the customer, but exceeds them. Sometimes we have to yell to make changes happen, sometimes we leave a company based on knowing the quality is bad. Doing what is right is not always a easy or appreciated job.

M

Ms Sparky

I always appreciate QA/QC. I am a journeyman electrician. Poor quality electrical installations kill. That's what we are trying to stop.

So...any info that anyone wants to send either via this forum or via my email at mssparky(at)mssparky(dot)com will be appreciated. I'm not shutting up till it's fixed!

Thanks Again!

Ms Sparky

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom