Process Flow Software - Seeking reviews and recommendations

B

Boing

:topic:

Hi,

Know this isn't strictly about TS but thought I'd ask.

As TS calls for a process based system I have been looking at various flow charting tools available.

Ideally I am looking for a tool that will produce flow charts with multiple levels and automatically create them in web enabled format (for publishing on our intranet)

I have used a tool in opne of my previous companies that did this very well, it was called control (I think).....

Does anybody know who makes this software and where I can purchase it, or can anyone suggest a suitable alternative?

Andrew

W

WALLACE

I can vouch for RFFLOW, it's way more easier to use than Visio. I would say that Visio is the most graphical program yet, RFFLOW has the shortest learning curve.
If you're looking for programs that are ideal for mapping out issues, attaching documents and files to them and, posting them on an intranet: I would say (By experience) that, mapping programs such as Mind Manager, Mind Genius, Visual Mind and, other Mind mapping software packages can offer you a seamless translation and integration into an organizational intranet.
Wallace.

K

Kevin H

re: Software for flow charting

I can agree with the folks using RFFLow - very intuitive and relatively low cost program. We did all of our original flowcharts in RFFLow. Unfortunately, corporate has decreed that Visio is the program of choice, so we eventually will have to change to that. I'm currently waiting for someone to arrange appropriate training. May have to step into the void and do the work to find the trainig - Anybody using Visio and aware of a good company providing basic training in it.
Regards,
Kevin

A

antho10359

Smartdraw

I have used Smartdraw for a number of years. It is, without a doubt, the best software for not only process charting, but it can do so much more. :biglaugh:

G

GoKats78

I moved from Smartdraw to Visio seamlessly. Like most software it is easily learned - fi you are not afraid to try things!
All of our Process Flow diagrams are done with Visio.
And with a small amount of bragging, our auditor and many others have commented that they are the best they have seen! :D

J

Jackson_kan

Smartdraw is better.

undefinedundefinedundefinedI never use RFFLOW, but comparing Smartdraw and Visio, in my view, the former is better with it performance of more intuition.

Top Bottom