ISO 5725 Project Plan example wanted

01mercy

Involved In Discussions
Hi all,

I'm going to start a quality method improvement project and I probably going to use ISO 5725 as a standard to work with.

I have read several documentations on such work and all state making a project plan for this.

Can anyone share an example for such a plan??

Thanks very much!

01mercy

Involved In Discussions
Hi all,

I'm reading through the standard and came across something I forgot from my mathematical lessons :frust:
Can anyone elaborate me on what the square brackets in the formula mean and how to calculate the section between the square brackets?

Thanks

(the formula is in the attached picture)

Attachments

• nrlab nrsample formul.JPG
    nrlab nrsample formul.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 254
J

JodiB

01Mercy,

On the mathematical question, they used a bracket because there is already a parentheses inside it. First solve within the parentheses, and then work your way out until the whole bracketed area is solved. When you have the value for the bracketed area, you will "square" it (as required by the 2 sitting just outside the bracket).

On your first question, there is nobody's plan that will mean much to you. You will need to make your own plan. One simple way to get a start on this is
  • create an Excel spreadsheet that lists all the clauses in a column
  • create a column beside that to list the activities / documents that you will need to meet the req's of the clause
  • add a third column where you break the activities into smaller tasks
From there, you can prioritize and assign timelines for completion, etc.

Keep your list updated and mark off your progress as you go. Add new tasks as you think of them. You won't be able to plan everything little thing at the beginning.

01mercy

Involved In Discussions
Hi JodiB,

Thanks for the post that sounds very logic and its a common practice for me.

I realize that I must define my thoughts on "project plan" better.

What I really wanted to know if there is a standard way of reporting the set-up, execution and end evaluation of such a plan?

Thanks

T

towabe

Got the same task to do, anywhere I can get the ISO 5725?

Thanks a lot

Top Bottom