Definition Outsourced Processes - Definition and Identification of Outsourced Processes

H

Hennie

Our company recently went through the first surveillance audit.
One of the minor findings was against clause 4.1.
Non conformance description: "Not all outsourced processes have been identified in the quality management system with regard to their control, e.g. maintenance - vibration test service provider" as a predictive measure for the bearings of electrical motors.
According to ISO 9000:2000(E) - Fundamentals and Vocabulary, the definition of a process under 3.4.1 is "set of interrelated or interacting activities which transforms inputs into outputs"
The definition for a product under 3.4.2 is "result of a process (3.4.1)"
I consider elevating this issue to the Veto Auditor.

Your comments please

R

ralphsulser

My opinion is that if the vibration analysis is a service the provider should be put on the approved supplier list, same as a calibration service for gages or scales.

Q

qualitygoddess - 2010

ralphsulser said:
My opinion is that if the vibration analysis is a service the provider should be put on the approved supplier list, same as a calibration service for gages or scales.

Based on my read, I agree.

J

jmp4429

If I'm reading your question correctly, the vibration analysis is done on your equipment for predictive maintenance purposes. In that case, you need only get that company on your approved supplier list.

If you’re shipping out your product for vibration analysis, you need to ensure control of that process as if it were your own.

H

Hennie

Appreciate your responses. The dilemma is that as soon as I add this engineering company to the Approved Suppliers List, according to ISO/TS this company must be ISO certified. The situation in South Africa is that very few engineering companies are ISO certified - they simply consider it not viable to them. Is this a matter of be between a rock and a hard place?

R

ralphsulser

I don't think that all companies must be pursuing ISO/TS registration. Mainly your suppliers of products you use in manufacturing your roduct. Service organizations such as vibration and IR services would in my opinion be comparable to Temporary Employee Placement services. They are not going to pursue registration to ISO or TS

Top Bottom