Safety Pass - Special safety requirement(s) for all outside workers

Antonio Vieira

Involved - Posts
Trusted Information Resource
Hi!

Here some large organizations created a special safety requirement for all outside workers to enter their facilities.
It’s called the “Safety Pass”. Without it, nobody will be able to work for those organizations.
It is obtained by attending a small training course (between 14 and 16 hours).
The course is all made in a classroom and very simple.
It must explain the workers in 16 hours what is normally done in one year in University.
Is there any place known that requires also this need?
Does anybody have any kind of presentation that could feet in this kind of requirement?

Thanks
AV :)

Randy

Super Moderator
Yep, I know of some places that have similar requirements and you can find them by the thousand's in the USA. Many places can and do require that people have OSHA 501 or OSHA 500 training before starting work and I was a certified trainer for these at one time.

The place in Portugal isn't unique or overly creative with this requirement.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Randy is correct. Not only does the Occupational Safety and Health office want contractors to successfully complete a safety course, OSHA wants the contractors to be chosen based on, among other things, their safety record.

Brown University has a Contractor Safety Manual online.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Yes, this is practised by many organizations. In one of my previous employers for a Pharmaceutical organization, we had combined both Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and the safety aspects and after qualified, used to give those contarctors a "Pass"

Top Bottom