Which organization gives authority to accreditation bodies & certification bodies?

B

blue moon

Dear Friends

i have some question

which orgnization give the authorites to the companies like " SGS , URS , KAS Cert ..... and other certification bodies " to give iso certificate to the comopanies and orgnization ?

is the accredation of certification bodies with an accredation bodies is choosen or it Compulsory

is the iaf.nu is a ccredation body or accredation forum only

Last edited by a moderator:

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Which orgnization gives the authority to accredation bodies and certification bod

Dear Friends

i have some question

which orgnization give the authorites to the companies like " SGS , URS , KAS Cert ..... and other certification bodies " to give iso certificate to the comopanies and orgnization ?

is the accredation of certification bodies with an accredation bodies is choosen or it Compulsory

ANAB (ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board) is one

howste

Thaumaturge
Re: Which organization gives authority to accreditation bodies & certification bodies

Dear Friends

i have some question

which orgnization give the authorites to the companies like " SGS , URS , KAS Cert ..... and other certification bodies " to give iso certificate to the companies and orgnization ?
Accreditation bodies give certification bodies their authority. They should be members of the IAF that you mentioned.

There are some unaccredited certification bodies out there, but I (and many others here) certainly don't trust them.

IAF is not an accreditation body, but rather an association of accreditation bodies that share mutual recognition.

B

blue moon

Re: Which organization gives authority to accreditation bodies & certification bodies

i just understand and please correct me if i understand wrong

1- to be certification body for management system like iso 9001 and 14001 i must comply with the standard ISO 17021 ?

2- How can audit me for IS 17021 ?

3- to be accredeted , i must call accredation body to accredit me ?

4- accredation is for one management system or for all management system ?

5- what criteria for accredation bodies to give me the accredation ?

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help

i just understand and please correct me if i understand wrong

1- to be certification body for management system like iso 9001 and 14001 i must comply with the standard ISO 17021 ?

Yes

2- How can audit me for IS 17021 ?

They are the Accreditation Body (AB)

3- to be accredited , i must call accreditation body to accredit me ?

Yes

4- accreditation is for one management system or for all management system ?

You need to be accredited to each one you seek

5- what criteria for accreditation bodies to give me the accreditation ?

ISO17021

B

blue moon

thanks for replay

1- is AB mean accredation body

2- this is mean that accreadation body audit me for ISO 17021 to be a certification body and accredited by them

3- if i hope to be a certification body only without accredation who give me the authority to be a certification body ?

thanks

i mean if i will be a certification body withour accredation who will check my comply with ISO 17021 requirement

i was thought that i call a company like SGS to check my comply with ISO 17021 by audit , i don't know it is wrong or right

Last edited by a moderator:

howste

Thaumaturge

If you want to be a certification body without accreditation, then nobody will check you against ISO 17021. Since there is no independent verification of your system, then people like me will not trust your certificates.

SGS is a certification body, so they would be your competitor. They have no authority to issue accreditation. Besides, what would their motivation be?

Top Bottom