Mandatory Procedures - Does AS9100 REV B require mandatory procedures?

S

Sohail

ISO 9001:2000 requires 6 mandatory procedures without which the system is incomplete. Does AS9100 REV B requires same mandatory procedures?

A

AS_QualityEngineer

ISO 9001:2000 requires 6 mandatory procedures without which the system is incomplete. Does AS9100 REV B requires same mandatory procedures?

Yes. You must have six mandatory documented procedure.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Actually there are six requirements but nothing prohibits their being combined, such as CA & PA.
Good point Randy. But did you know that a well known CB had a policy until a few years ago that mandated their certified customers to have separate CA and PA procedures? ;) I hope they have come to their senses....

Since this discussion is along the lines of AS9100, that standard has couple more required procedures compared to ISO 9001. And since Aerospace is a Sector known as "command-media" intensive, the typical problem for an aerospace supplier is too much documentation. Not the other way around.

S

Sohail

I agree with SIDNEY. Certification bodies, like AFAQ France, urges CA and PA procedures should be prepared separately because of the following reasons:

1. In old ISO standard 1994 eddition these procedures were combined but in new version of ISO CA and PA are defined under a separate heading both requiring a procedure.

2. After corrective actions , preventive action were ususally neglected.

3. In defining both CA and PA in a single procedure PA requirements were ususally ignored

4. People usually considered CA and PA are to be followed together ignoring the fact that PAs alone can be raised at any time by any one.

To my understanding, you can combine both procedures but the action procedures must be defined separately, under different headings.

Randy

Super Moderator
Good point Randy. But did you know that a well known CB had a policy until a few years ago that mandated their certified customers to have separate CA and PA procedures? ;) I hope they have come to their senses....

Big news to me! I don't care if they can combine all 6 into one as long as I can be shown the "beef". (I know they can't, but it would be a fun exercise)

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
By the way, there are 7 places in AS9100 requiring documented procedures. Look at clause 7.5.1.3...

K

kiwisfly

Hi All
Thought I would spark a bit more debate on the mandatory procedure issue as I actually counted 8 times the term "documented process or procedure" appeared. I'll list them to make sure we're all talking about the same ones and look forward to the debate.

4.2.3 Control of Documents
4.2.4 Control of Records
4.3 Configuration Management
7.5.1.3 Control of Production Equipment, Tools and NC Machine Programs
8.2.2 Internal Audit
8.3 Control of Non-Conforming Product
8.5.2 Corrective Action
8.5.3 Preventive Action

Does anyone else have any more or any less?v:argue:

Cheers

Top Bottom