How do you specify your receiving inspection parameters?

L

LesPiles

Hello everyone,

Here is my problem: at the receiving inspection, we conduct sampling. Our inspection process is very simple: the storekeeper verifies the equality of the received material with the equipment ordered and check for obvious NC.

For more technical equipment or involving larger quantities, we inspect received product by a technical person and/or we conduct sampling. Sampling is very simple: a single AQL, a qty to be determined by the size of the lot.

I have to refine the inspection because we have products for which we wish to inspect 100% of the units in the lot. This may sound stupid but I do not know how to specify this directive. At the same time, if possible, why not make the inspection process more versatile.

Can someone help me? How do you specify your inspection data to your inspectors? Taking into account that they are not necessarily "Six Sigma Black Belt" (eg they do not have very advanced statistical knowledge)? Do you use software? An Excel spreadsheet? How do they include relaxed inspection? Stricter inspection? Do you have a procedure that you could share with me? Is it specified in your ERP? Who sustains this system (or specifies the input data) ? Prod. Engineering ? Purchasing ? Quality ?

In short, I need help!

Thank you in advance!

LesPiles

A

Alpine

It could be something as simple as a table in the procedure. That way the table would be a controlled document and also able to be printed and placed somewhere prominent in the warehouse, so they can refer to it when goods arrive. You may also need to outline why some products are inspected 100% and others not, possibly based on the risk they pose to your business, previous issues experienced etc. It does not need to be complicated at all.

Top Bottom