ISO/TS16949 Awareness Training Powerpoint ppt pps

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
By all means, towxg, share one you have.

I think it's a pretty good base presentation. And considering it is free... As to it being 'old', the content is basic but accurate and a good foundation to build on.

Please understand that this has not been updated since 2002 when TS16949:2002 came out (why would I?). Also, please note that the references to ISO9000:2000 on the first 13 slides are meant as references to the whole 2000 family in a broad sense, not the actual 9000-2000 standard (Fundamentals and vocabulary).

Otherwise, I agree with Marc (thanks for the defense).

AndyN

Moved On
Can I ask a simple question.........

of why are you needing to tell folks about ISO/TS? My experience has been that apart from a few management people, no-one else nneds to be told about the contents or genealogy of the requirements. All good technical stuff but my recommendation would be to spend more time emphasizing the use of the quality system etc. Is this awareness driven by the need to be able to pass an external audit?

Andy

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
This goes back a ways (like to the late 1980's when ISO 9001:1997 was released) where at implementations a presentation was typically done because of the following: Often there were significant changes to many existing processes, such as additional documentation which didn't previously exist. A presentation / training was often done to help folks understand the changes which were about to happen as well as why. One aspect is to give employees notice about the auditors, auditor expectations and in general what each employee is responsible for. In many companies employees have never been audited before. When QS-9000 came out the same elements were there and now we have TS.

The addition of some things like "...the contents or genealogy of the requirements..." is just helping people understand the background. Can you leave it out? Sure can. But it takes so little time that why not? I personally think it helps 'get people on board' by helping them understand why they're going through an 'implementation'.

However -- Whether or not this type of training is needed depends upon the company and its specific situation. For some companies it's not, for others it is advisable.

AndyN said:
of why are you needing to tell folks about ISO/TS? My experience has been that apart from a few management people, no-one else nneds to be told about the contents or genealogy of the requirements. All good technical stuff but my recommendation would be to spend more time emphasizing the use of the quality system etc. Is this awareness driven by the need to be able to pass an external audit?
Andy
My, my Andy, you are always so contentious, but I like it. I don't do anything JUST to pass an external audit. I don't like being told to do something without being given an explanation of why you wish me to do it. I don't figure anyone else does either. My experience is that folks are a lot more inclined to cooperate with you on implementing a realistic quality management system (that, BTW, just happens to be registered) if you give them an understanding of the basis for said quality system. Assuming that no one besides management needs to have a complex understanding of how your company operates is a recipe for revolt, poor quality, high costs, dissatified labor and it's not very nice either:bigwave: .

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Icy Mountain said:
I don't do anything JUST to pass an external audit. I don't like being told to do something without being given an explanation of why you wish me to do it. I don't figure anyone else does either. My experience is that folks are a lot more inclined to cooperate with you on implementing a realistic quality management system (that, BTW, just happens to be registered) if you give them an understanding of the basis for said quality system. Assuming that no one besides management needs to have a complex understanding of how your company operates is a recipe for revolt, poor quality, high costs, dissatified labor and it's not very nice either:bigwave: .
I agree with this. Not offering an explanation can, in my view, foster a patriarchal "Workers should be seen, not heard" (like the child-rearing addage of old) sense that is less than optimal.

The degree to which explanations are offered can, and should vary as Marc has said. Depending on how involved the workforce feels, versus being button-pushers; how deeply the line personnel are needed and asked to think and solve problems at their levels; and to what degree the management wants to establish a cross-cultural partnership really has little to do with satisfying the letter of the standard. It's all about culture and what the organization is doing to perform at its target levels.

AndyN

Moved On
I don't disagree either.........

however, to make my point a bit clearer, my issue is with all the genealogy about where the standard etc cames from, 'BS' :mg: etc. - most of the slide content is. My experience has been that most audiences don't care much for this information. The most comments I've ever heard back from folks who sit through this kind of training relates to the numbering of ISO or TS............ "Why 9000?":lol:

True, there are times when different audiences need a tailored approach and they should get what they need. I'm just putting my beliefs out there (contentious or not) that the focus should be towards why there's a qms, not where it comes from.:nope:

I guess we just have different points of view.........:agree1:

Andy

Top Bottom