What courses would you take? What other Training would you want?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Let's pretend you are young, maybe just out of college, and wanted to spend 2 or 3 years learning. If you wanted the broadest "education" related to the many sub-forums here, what would they be?

E.g.: ISO 9001 Lead Auditor, ISO 14001 Lead Auditor, AS9100 Lead Auditor, BS OHSAS 18001 course, Regulatory related courses (e.g.: Regulatory Affairs Certification {RAC}), etc.

ASQ Certifications - E.g.:
Certified Quality Manager, Certified Quality Auditor, Certified Quality Engineer, etc.

Other certifications and/or degrees and/or "independent" courses, and/or self taught? E.g.: Six Sigma, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), etc?

How about Oil and Gas specific training/certifications, and Food Safety related training/certifications?

What would you study and why?

Q

qpled

Any and all standards and regulatory certifications related to the medical equipment industry. Going by the threads I see appear on a regular basis in the Cove that is where the knowledge/experience is needed and where the jobs are.

L

lk2012

... imagine you're young and just out of college / uni... Right then, chuck that stupid degree in Psychology / Art and get yourself into Engineering double quick girl!
Didn't happen so here I am still trying to catch up. Oh a bit of technical drawing knowledge never hurts either (didn't get covered in the Art Techniques classes, funny that) :bonk:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Most of the people I know that work in these fields have a degree in biology, chemistry, physics, math, etc. I guess the first assumption is the person will graduate with a degree in the sciences or a field applicable to one or more of the topics I listed.

I do know some art and philosophy majors who have done quite well. As an example, I know someone with an art degree who has been with Hallmark for years and has done extremely well. I can guarantee he would have no interest in any of the topics we discuss here.

Q

q8792271

If I am beginner, I need to study " Quality system".

The statistics and management concept building the "Quality".

Quality system focus on Customer satification.

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
The one course/training that I am really looking for and have not (as yet) been able to find is a course in the use of Minitab.

Yes, if I take the SSGB/SSBB I will get trained in the use of the program, but that is far more than what I need right now.

I want a SIMPLE course on how to use Minitab for the day-to-day things (statistical analysis, GR&R, etc) without going into the theory of how it all works.

For some reason, nobody that I can find (and I have looked extensively over the years) provides training of this scope. It's always lumped in with other courses and focuses, and doesn't really help me out.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
The one course/training that I am really looking for and have not (as yet) been able to find is a course in the use of Minitab.

Yes, if I take the SSGB/SSBB I will get trained in the use of the program, but that is far more than what I need right now.

I want a SIMPLE course on how to use Minitab for the day-to-day things (statistical analysis, GR&R, etc) without going into the theory of how it all works.

For some reason, nobody that I can find (and I have looked extensively over the years) provides training of this scope. It's always lumped in with other courses and focuses, and doesn't really help me out.
Minitab has several options. There is a live course called Minitab Essentials, and elearning through Quality Trainer. They also periodically have webinars.

S

silentrunning

I would definitely go back and get my Engineering Degree. There have been several times during my career that I have not been qualified for a job because I didn't have an Engineering Degree. The sad part is I could have been very good at most of these jobs.

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Doug - I went through a similar thought process some years ago but mine wasn't specific to a job I wanted - I just wanted to prove to myself that I could have done it.

Then someone asked me the question "would you trade you apprenticeship for a degree?" - answer, NO! My apprenticeship was the best training I ever had and I still use the things I learnt today.

Top Bottom