Training - Relating Job Roles to Specific Procedures

RMNESI

Registered
My company had a 13485 audit recently and got a non-conformance for the way we document training. To show who needs training, our current training matrix has rows for each employee and columns for job skills like "Receiving."

The non-conformance is that there are several procedures that relate to receiving and there is no clear link between the "Receiving" column in the training matrix and our procedures.

I'd like to redo the training matrix and job descriptions to make things easier but I'm not sure how best to do it. I don't want to list every procedure and every employee in one spreadsheet.

How can I split things up so that the matrix is more manageable? Should I make a separate spreadsheet that relates job skills to specific procedures, or should I make separate training matrices for different departments?

This old thread seems to be about this issue but the links to the examples are no longer working: "Training Matrix - Job Class vs. Process Instructions - ISO 13485"

Thanks!

K

kgott

My company had a 13485 audit recently and got a non-conformance for the way we document training. To show who needs training, our current training matrix has rows for each employee and columns for job skills like "Receiving."

The non-conformance is that there are several procedures that relate to receiving and there is no clear link between the "Receiving" column in the training matrix and our procedures.

I'd like to redo the training matrix and job descriptions to make things easier but I'm not sure how best to do it. I don't want to list every procedure and every employee in one spreadsheet.

How can I split things up so that the matrix is more manageable? Should I make a separate spreadsheet that relates job skills to specific procedures, or should I make separate training matrices for different departments?

This old thread seems to be about this issue but the links to the examples are no longer working: "Training Matrix - Job Class vs. Process Instructions - ISO 13485"

Thanks!

I think your way over cooking it.

Get the people in a room, go through the procedure and what are the major requirements in it. You only need to cover it in brief and then tell them where and how to access the procedure and tell them to make themselves familiar with its requirements and details.

Get them a sign an attendance record which consists of a list of names and a column for signatures. Make sure the document is dated and the title of the procedure that is being reviewed. When that's all done file it.

A week or so later you follow up by asking a sample of staff what the procedure requires them to do and ask them to show you evidence that they have applied the requirements to their work.

If they demonstrate they have not applied the requirements go over the procedure with that person again and make a note of it.

Write this exercise up and hay presto, you home.

RMNESI

Registered
I already have most of training records signed by everybody. The problem is I need to organize the matrix without putting every procedure and every employee on one spreadsheet since that would be too large and confusing. I'd also like to organize procedures into certain job roles which would make future training easier.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Instead of employee vs. document you could try:

• Position vs. Document
  • Position vs. Process (would require another sheet showing documents associated with processes)
  • Employee vs. Process (see above + allows for workers trained on on more than one process)

You would then need an easy way to show via records that training had been done.

Top Bottom