S

susanmh

I am trying to find examples of job descriptions for the following titles:

ISO COORDINATOR
QA Inspector
Quality Engineer
QA Technician
QA Lead

If anyone has any examples that you would't mind sharing, please let me know. Thanks!!!!

------------------

I

isodude

Dudette,

Why do you want to go with a ready made job description ? You might as well do it right and have them accurately reflect what these people do. Try this for an outline :

PRIMARY FUNCTION:
REPORTING TO:
DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES:
REQUIRED SKILLS ,EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
REQUIRED EDUCATION:

This format will allow you to use it as a requisition for your HR dept. also.

I suggest you re-think your job titles:

ISO COORDINATOR- You are not coordinating ISO YOU ARE COORDINATING/FACILITATING THE QUALITY SYSTEM. I WOULD USE QUALITY SYSTEM COORDINATOR.

MAKE SURE YOU DON'T GET QA AND QC MIXED UP.

Watch out for the rip tide and good luck.

------------------
ISODUDE

D

David Mullins

The term Co-ordinator is usually used when the employer wants to pay $20,000 a year less than they should.

------------------

L

Laura M

Exactly!!!! My ex-company wanted to call me the QS Coordinator. Ended up doing the Quality Manager's (my boss)job. They ended up giving me the tile of Management Rep.....once I pointed out the responsibilities and the boss didn't want them.....but no more $$$$.

Outside the topic, but thanks for the vent...life is good on the outside!

[This message has been edited by Laura M (edited 18 July 2000).]

S

Steven Truchon

Right On Laura!
I hate the word "Coordinator"
I have managed to allow myself to be "coordinated" from QS9000 Lead Auditor into QS9000 "Everything", Safety and Environmental Director, functional Quality Engineer, and 6 Sigma Team member. My job description looks like a legal document that is fully "coordinated". One good thing though, life has gotten a lot easier since I received authorization for those new 39 hour days and I no longer HAVE to work any overtime (Yippee!). With all my new free time, Im considering learning one or two social skills as I understand they might be letting me out into public during the day very soon!
LOL, sorry, Im in a "mood".
Venting is very good !

Top Bottom