IEC 60601-1-3 2nd Edition (X-ray Radiation Protection)

M

MIREGMGR

Does anyone know of a certified lab that can certify conformity to this standard ?

Also possibly IEC 60601-1-6 Usability.

We are working with an OEM customer on development of one of their products, and a hospital where we want to do a test installation wants as many certifications of conformance as possible in order to feel comfortable letting this experimental Class I device be installed to the ceiling, over patients' and clinical staffs' heads, in a working OR.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

human01

Radiation shields are large barriers that are designed to block harmful x-ray radiation exposure. Despite many medical benefits that x-ray imaging provides, it is also a potentially dangerous process that can cause cancer or other medical complications unless the proper protection is utilized. Lead barriers are a useful tool in accomplishing radiation protection for many x-ray applications.

[niton.com]

M

MIREGMGR

Thanks, but I don't see the relevance of Thermo Fisher Electric's X-ray fluorescence identification of materials composition to the problem we're working on.

Among other things, our shielding isn't lead-based.

Other companies do make handheld X-ray flux measurement instrumentation, but we and our clinical-investigative site already have that capability.

What I'm seeking is a certified third party lab.

M

mark walker

We are at present investigating 60601-1-3 issues but as far as 60601-1-6 is concerned you should be using 62366 concensus standard which replaces 60601-1-6

Top Bottom