Gage R&R study Equipment Variation (EV) is high - Seeking Help

sowmya

Involved - Posts
I have attached the R&R study we have conducted. Equipment variation is high. I am not able to find the problem. Pls help me. :(

Attachments

• R&R with high equipment variation.xls
    91 KB · Views: 459
A

Arvind

Analysis of your gage R & R data

Here is summary of my findings from your data.
1) Gage R & R is 23.06 %. It is not bad. It is desirable to be lower than 20 %. This means that contribution of the measurement system is square of .2306= 5.3 % and remaining 94.7 % variation is coming from part to part.
2) 99 % of your measurement system variation is coming from repeatability and only 1% from reproducibility.
3) Number of distinctive categories from your data is 6 against required 5 minimum
4) If you wish to improve R & R with minimum efforts, you may recheck reading for highest repeatability variations. For example, part 4 shows high variation.
Arvind

sowmya

Involved - Posts
Thanks arvind,

But one of my friend told to compare the readings with tolerance and to compare UCLr with the individual ranges. Can you help me by giving some more details

Sowmya

G

gaugefixer

I would suggest you redo the study ensuring that the parts are clean; the mic is zeroed occasionaly and the operators are applying the same amount of "clicks" (pressure) on the mic. Also ensure operators are measuring at the same point for each part. I'm assuming that the results are in metric?

gaugefixer

A

Arvind

Gage R & R

I didnot understand what you meant. Can you please elaborate?
Please read my earlier analysis again.
Arvind

Top Bottom