Process Inspector Interviewing advice

O

Omnity

Hello,
I'm 18 years old with almost no experience in quality however I have an interview in a few day for a process inspection job. I'd really love some advice on what I could look into or do to be more prepared for this interview. Thanks

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Omnity,

Determine why the process needs inspection by someone other than by the people doing or monitoring the work.

What does the employer hope to achieve by inspecting the process? You may find the employer is attempting to use inspection instead of design, training and mistake proofing to "make the process better".

What are the requirements for setting up each process, operating this process or running these processes? How does the employer know each of their design and production processes is effective?

Is the process designed (and validated) to fulfill its objectives? Is the process capable and stable. How does the organization avoid tampering (know when to and when not to make a change)?

What are the competencies for operating or running these processes? How are these competencies verified? How are the employees engaged in improving their processes?

Brush up on your supervisory, mistake proofing, charting and problem solving skills. The Shop Floor series by Productivity Press is a useful reference for this.

Let us know how you do.

Good luck,

John

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Welcome to the Cove :bigwave:

Great advice from John.

Additionally, go through the Job Description, identify the topics and prepare accordingly.

Best of Luck :agree1:

K

kgott

Hello,
I'm 18 years old with almost no experience in quality however I have an interview in a few day for a process inspection job. I'd really love some advice on what I could look into or do to be more prepared for this interview. Thanks

what is the role of an inspector
what would you do if you found widgets that do not meet specification

what do you know about the employer and what do they make. (Internet search here)

A question for you to ask;
what is the criteria for determining what is OK and what is not OK?
are there forms I would need to fill out if/when I find something that is not OK
Do I need to put anything on the thing that is not OK?

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Hello,
I'm 18 years old with almost no experience in quality however I have an interview in a few day for a process inspection job. .................

I believe any organization looking at employing an 18 year old will not expect him to have any experience and is willing to provide some form of training.

That being the case, I think you should:
1. Let them know that you do not have any experience at all
2. Demonstrate your seriousness and attitude by letting them know that you had been preparing yourself ? name the books you are reading and what other sources that you are researching such as coming to the Cove.

Top Bottom