European/ISO equivalents for ASTM Standards

C

Carrie11

Hi

Does anybody know of an easy way of finding out what the equivalent European/ISO standards are for a given ASTM?:confused:

C

Carrie11

I've tried the BSI website and none of the standards I have are listed. I guess this means there isn't an equivalent?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hi

Does anybody know of an easy way of finding out what the equivalent European/ISO standards are for a given ASTM?:confused:

You can't depend on standards being equivalent. Sometimes analogous is the best you'll be able to do, so if you have a requirement for an ASTM standard and want to substitute an ISO or other standard, you need to review both before making a decision.

T

tyker

The telephone option is still available.
Alternatively, if there's only a small number of documents involved, try posting details here and see if one of us can help.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Hi

What industry are you interested in? I know that the major plastics, metals and pipe suppliers and players have such information in their websites.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi

Hello Crainford,

Here is a tool that can help you (I hope...)

Just type in an ASTM number and the equivalent ISO standard pops up.

Let me know if this thing worked for you.

Stijloor.

C

Carrie11

Hi

No, the tool didn't help but thanks anyway. I am in the textiles/body armour industry and these are the standards I am looking for a European/ISO equivalent or similar if anybody can help.

ASTM TM D 3884 Standard Guide for Abrasion Resistance of Textile Fabrics (Rotary Platform Double-Head Method)

ASTM G21-96:2002 Standard Practice for Determining Resistance of Synthetic Polymeric Materials to Fungi

ASTM D204-02:2002 Standard Test Method for Sewing Threads

ASTM D1683:2007 Standard Test Method for Failure in Sewn Seams of Woven Apparel Fabrics

AATCC 96:2004 Dimensional Changes in Commercial Laundering of Woven and Knitted Fabrics Except Wool

Thanks

Last edited:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi

No, the tool didn't help but thanks anyway. I am in the textiles/body armour industry and these are the standards I am looking for a European/ISO equivalent or similar if anybody can help.

ASTM TM D 3884 Standard Guide for Abrasion Resistance of Textile Fabrics (Rotary Platform Double-Head Method)

ASTM G21-96:2002 Standard Practice for Determining Resistance of Synthetic Polymeric Materials to Fungi

ASTM D204-02:2002 Standard Test Method for Sewing Threads

ASTM D1683:2007 Standard Test Method for Failure in Sewn Seams of Woven Apparel Fabrics

AATCC 96:2004 Dimensional Changes in Commercial Laundering of Woven and Knitted Fabrics Except Wool

Thanks

Sorry that the search tool did not provide you with the equivalents you're looking for. There may not be any. So, why do you need equivalents? What's not good with using the ASTM Standards themselves? They're written in English.... :confused:

Stijloor.

C

Carrie11

I have to provide test results against these standards for a tender submission however I am finding it extremely difficult to find a test house in the UK who can test to ASTM standards

Top Bottom