RABQSA Certified AS9100 Rev. C Lead Auditor Training Course Providers

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Hi -

I've just started googling to try to find available RABQSA certified AS9100 Rev.C lead auditor training courses and I keep coming across statements like "certificates issued to Rev.B" or something like that even though they say it reviews Rev.C requirements. And none of them are referencing AS9101 Rev.D. I came across one, as a matter of fact, that said it was an AS9100 Rev.C course but still used AS9101 Rev.C.

For a couple of reasons, we've chosen to do the lead auditor course rather than the aerospace auditor transitioning course. If I do go with the transition course, do I have to have an original lead auditor course that's less than 3 years ago?

Last edited:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
If I do go with the tranisition course, do I have to have an original lead auditor course that's less than 3 years ago?
If you want to qualify yourself as an AS9100:2009 auditor listed in OASIS, you MUST take an approved AATT course, in addition to being a certified lead auditor.

The AATT course became the foundation course. See attached.

Attachments

• st_deployment.doc
    114.5 KB · Views: 218

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Oh. I was thinking that someone (not myself) who wanted to start from scratch might be able to take a course that wasn't a "transition" course.

I could do the transition course, but I wanted one other person at my company to have an RABQSA certified course as well and he's not as experienced with the AS9100 standard.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
What are you trying to accomplish with the training? If you're looking for knowledge, just pick the class that will give you what you want. If you're planning to get RABQSA certification for AS9100 C, you'll still have to take the sanctioned AATT course.

If you do take the IAQG sanctioned AATT course, you would also need a certificate of successful completion of a lead auditor course (ISO 9001 or AS9100) that is less than 3 years old.

By the way, the AS9100 lead auditor courses I teach are taught to AS9100 Rev C and AS9101 Rev D.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
If you do take the IAQG sanctioned AATT course, you would also need a certificate of successful completion of a lead auditor course (ISO 9001 or AS9100) that is less than 3 years old.

By the way, the AS9100 lead auditor courses I teach are taught to AS9100 Rev C and AS9101 Rev D.
Now I'm confused again. I have to take an AS9100 Rev.C lead auditor course - 5 days. Then I have to take the AATT course too? The on-line portion and the 4 day instructor lead?

There isn't a course yet for just starting from scratch?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
What are you trying to accomplish with the training?
That is the fundamental question. It depends on what is the end goal for this training.
I have to take an AS9100 Rev.C lead auditor course - 5 days. Then I have to take the AATT course too?
Yes, IF you (or someone) want to be listed in OASIS.
The on-line portion and the 4 day instructor lead?
Yes.
There isn't a course yet for just starting from scratch?
Nope.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
See there, all of these courses say the pre-requisite is passing the on-line portion. They don't say anything about having a less than 3 yr old cert from a lead auditor class.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
My AS9100B Lead Auditor Course certificate is over 3 years old - and another employee that is interested in a Lead Auditor course has never attended one.

We both want the option of potentially becoming aerospace auditors for registrars. Plus - I want to make sure I completely understand AS9101D and what our registrar auditors are being taught.

Top Bottom