Can I consider Reliability Test Plan part of the DVP&R, or the other way round

T

tomccchang

A stupid question.

Can I consider reliability test plan ( part of ) the DVP&R, or the other way round ? And can I say EMC test a part of reliability test ?

Tom

M

Michael Walmsley

Tom, there's no stupid questions bud!

The reliability test plan will be a subset of the DVP&R.
The DVP&R consists of static and dynamic tests.
The RTP would fall into the dynamic aspect.

EMC tests fall into the functional verification test category.
They are usually short term and can be performed at any time
in life of the product. They are usually performed prior to life cycle testing.

A more robust approach to ensuring customer satisfaction can be had by performing them both pre and post life cycle testing. You can then do a degradation analysis on the product.

Incidently THE-7 from AIAG would be a good resource to have.
http://eseries104.aiag.org/source/Orders/index.cfm?section=orders&activesection=AIAGPUBS&task=0 :agree1:

See attached.

Mike

Attachments

• Test Info.zip
    585.8 KB · Views: 478
T

tomccchang

Thanks Mike. The information and attached data are very helpful and re-solve my puzzles, but your reply re EMC part also brings up a new question - why can EMC be performed at any time in the life span of an automotive electronic product ? Do you mean in theory ? Sorry to say so but in my career from IT to automotive, I have no customers asking us to perform the test after SOP ( start of production ). It is always performed at the stage of preliminary and 2nd DVP&R stage and customer car test stage in automotive case, or DVT stage in IT case.

Tom

M

Michael Walmsley

I did not mean to imply after SOP.

As part of our DVP&R at GM (for early release of ABS systems) we did a pre and post test eval to our life cycle test.

Top Bottom