Contact Angle Measurement MSA (Measurement System Analysis)

A

argon - 2006

Help.

Has anyone performed MSA on Contact angle measurement? COuld you advise me how?
We use this method to measure surface adhesion. A drop of water is applied on the surface being tested and the angle formed from that surface to the tangent line on the droplet is measured and is the basis of the adhesion value. Problem is, the application of the droplet is subjective since it is done manually. I'm trying to figure out how to simulate the process (if that is the right move, since its a destructive test) so that i can do MSA.:bonk: But i'm not certain what's applicable: attribute or variable msa? :confused:

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
I am not familiar with this test, but will try to help.

Can you separate the application of the water drop from the measurement?

For example, have one person apply the water drop to the samples, then have your three measurement operators measure the parts. This would provide the repeatability and reproducibility of the angle measurement itself.

Then you could add the water application back in as a separate variable. Since you will now know the repeatability and reproducibility of the angle measurement itself, you can separate that from the total measured variation and identify the variation induced by the application of the water drop.

All three components will be part of the measurement error. You could also do this by using a DOE with Operator applying drop, Operator performing measurement, part, adding repeats to identify repeatability, and replicates for reproducibility.

Top Bottom