ASME NQA-1-1994 Standard Supplement 17S-1: Dual Storage

T

tenaciusgordon

Hello,

I have a problem with this Sumplement because of I am using ASME NQA-1:2000 and my customer is using ASME NQA-1:1994.

I have been reading ASME NQA-1:2000 Requirement 7, subpart 2.7....and I haven't found where is described the dual storage.

Somebody knows if dual storage is described in NQA-1:2000? and where?

Thanks

Regrads

harry

Trusted Information Resource
This is a comparison matrix for the different versions of NQA standard found through googling. Not sure if you can find your answers there.

Attachments

• NQA-1 Revision Comparison Matricies.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 347
N

Norm Moreau

This is a question that comes up quite often. In 1997 the NQA-1 committee decided to move to a more performance-based standard. This meant that a lot of the detailed requirements that were in the 1994/95 edition of the standard were moved to the subparts. In the case 17S-1 was moved to 17A-1, which made it a nonmandatory appendix. The problem that this caused is that many organizations have ignored the NRC and industry accepted practices found in the subparts like 17A-1 and choose other methods of implementation.

So to answer your question directly, if your customer is meeting the requirements of an earlier edition, which in your case means they probably have a license from the NRC, then you must also meet that requirement even though your program does not require it. In fact if you were to look at a newer version of the standard, e.g., 2008 with the 2009 addendum you will find the dual storage language back in Part I (Requirement 17). Hope this helps.

R

redbird

I need to view the file mentioned below named NQA-1 Revision Comparison Matricies but when tried to download it said the file was damaged. Can anyone share this item with me in a usable format?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
The file name is "NQA-1 Revision Comparison Matricies.pdf"

I have downloaded it and it opens correctly. It is not damaged.

Top Bottom