Calibration Procedure for Ammeter and Voltmeter wanted

C

Calengineer

Hi,

Please help to provide a standard calibration procedure for ammeter and voltmeter using fluke 5500A.

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
If you are in the U.S. and your company has any government contracts, GIDEP is probably one of the best resources. However, these are military calibration procedures and cannot be distributed outside of that context. As I don't use them much, I'm not sure if ASTM or similar organizations have any of that type procedure. Also, I am not very well versed on it, but some of the european organizations may have some procedures.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Not my area of expertise, but could this help?

http://assets.fluke.com/manuals/5500a___smeng0600.pdf

Stijloor.

Actually it does help.:yes: Part of the ability to calibrate devices (any device for that matter) will depend on the accessories/functionality of the calibration equipment that you have. Fluke multifunction calibrators have several accessories (that are optional) that can enable all kinds of opportunities.

It would be different if one has calibration equipment that outputs the appropriate voltage from the calibrator. As opposed to have something that outputs voltage, then that voltage must be read from a calibrated multimeter source. Same with amperage. One may have a calibrated source that generates a particular amperage accurately. Or, one may have a particular load and the device to be calibrated is connected in parallel with a calibrated amperage device for comparison.

This does not even touch needing to estimate the uncertainties of each verification process. :)

C

Calengineer

Thank u all for the information.

We are in the middle east and calibrating electrical items like ammeter, voltmeter, rpm meter etc mainly for US army vessels and are of analog type.

We already have checklists for those items. Still we are in a process of developing Laboratory Calibration Methods (LCM) which is a detailed procedure so that a fresher can even do calibration by reading it.

If somebody can help giving some general guidelines while calibrating ammeters and voltmeters would be appreciated.

Top Bottom