Steps from ISO 9001 2008 to 2015?

Q

QAMTY

Hi all
I have seen a lot of information regarding the changes in Iso 9001 2015.
but when the version 2008 is working, for me, the easy way to upgrade it, would be to modify the minimal information, not to change everything according which is requested by the standard.
Ill explain, If I already have the 6 mandatory procedures in 2008, and 2015 does not requiere a specifical quantity, well, I ll try to let them as they are,for the case of current records, I would keep, same thing happens with the quality manual, I would keep it, even when is not required, I only would modify clauses numbers and edit which is necessary, it will serve me as a reference,and similar situation occurs with other information.
Have you happened a case like this, and want to share the experiences?
I mean for the upgrade not to start from scratch, following the standard,row by row.
but to keep most of the information already working in 2008 and just to add which is mandatory for 2015.
For example for the risk, to have like a matrix mentioning
all the risks, evaluating them and taking actions.

For the rest of changes trying to modify or eliminate the current procedures, formats, working instructions.

Please share your experience, is it possible to do it this way?

Thanks

Of course you should keep your current system and update it as necessary, but the word necessary is a relative thing. I suggest a gap analysis covering all clauses in the new version (and do pay attention to the annexes: They are really useful this time), as a look at at the "old" stuff is very likely to reveal improvement potential as well as making it easier to come up with a seamless system as the end result.

smryan

Perspective.
Totally. Line by line correlation of what we currently have in place that meets the bullet & intention of each clause has already been completed. There is very little that will need to change.
  • I will need to scrub some documents on their 2008 clause references [ I see no reason to reference the clause in my documents - those are leftover from prior guru.]
  • We - or rather the Staff - will need to figure out how to fill in the gaps [real or documentational] regarding the new emphasis on risk management.

Top Bottom