Field Audit Tools for ISO 14001 or Environmental Compliance

N

nimonik

Hi,

I am looking for ISO 14001 or environmental compliance audit tools that are used in the field. What is out there that is being used during audits to take notes on findings?

Thanks for your suggestions,

Jonathan

AndyN

Moved On
Hi,

I am looking for ISO 14001 or environmental compliance audit tools that are used in the field. What is out there that is being used during audits to take notes on findings?

Thanks for your suggestions,

Jonathan

Jonathan - There are a number of ways to do this. I've seen some hand-held pc tools, but, quite basically, the best is probably a pen/pencil and a note pad!

I'm not quite sure what you're asking and don't want to seem trite, but why should it be any more difficult than making notes on a note pad? What 'tools' are you thinking about?

N

nimonik

Hi,

Notes are definitely the way to go right now.

My firm is working on some new tools for audits that take a very different approach, we are looking for comparisons with other products and for beta testers to try out our prototypes.

Do you actively do audits? Would you be interested in trying it out or do you know of a good forum to find people to test the product with?

Thanks so much for your time,

Jonathan

Randy

Super Moderator
ISO 14001 or Environmental Compliance
You're talking about 2 seperate and distinctly different activities here. One is an apple and the other is a chicken. Conformance auditing is different than compliance auditing...How one looks at compliance to a permtted process is not the same as conformance to an operational control in a management systems.

A bit of advice....Be careful that you're not peddling snake oil and please don't use this forum for doing so

N

nimonik

Hi Randy,

Sorry for the delayed response you are right. We are actually looking at three different things:

1. Verifications (i.e. not compliance)
2. Compliance audits
3. ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 audits

Basically, I am looking for the right forum to reach out to people involved in one or more of these activities as we want feedback on an application we are developing. If you could point us in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your help and this impressive site!

Jonathan

Top Bottom