Within Part Variation - Excel .xls calculation spreadsheet

S

shahshahani

:bigwave:
Dear friends,
If you need to "with in part variation" calculation sheet, I have an excel file.

Attached to post below.

yours
Shahshahani

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Atul Khandekar

Shahshahani,

Welcome to the Cove and thank you for the generous offer!

If its not too large a file, you can always upload it here as an attachment to your post. That way, anyone who wants can download a copy.

A

Armtzcor

Within Part Variation

Hello ShaShanahai,

Could you kindly attach your file ti take a look on it?

I will appreciate your help.

Regards,
Arnulfo

S

shahshahani

Dear Arnulfo,
I have attached the file for you.
If you have any problem with this file I am ready to help you.
yours
Mansoor

Attachments

• gr&r_wiv_1.xls
    95 KB · Views: 805
A

Armtzcor

Part Variation

Hello Shahshahani,

I have some doubts:
1) Can you please translate the info on all of the little boxes comment in the cell " Gage is acceptable/Gage is not acceptable" and "RPN", etc... to english?
2) Could you tell me what is the criterial the spreadsheet takes to set the gage is acceptable or not acceptable according to the TV reading?
3) What does RPN mean? Is it Risky Priority Number?
4) The file came with two sheets inside, are these spreadsheets one complement of the other or are they just different on the form how to see them?
5) Which is the %R&R criterial to apply is acceptable or not acceptable?
6) What means "n" and "r" in the formula of Reproducibility-Appraiser Variation (A)?

Thanks for your help, and sorry for so many questions but this file is very complete and I want to be sure I understand it at all.

Regards,
Arnulfo

S

shahshahani

Dear Annulfo

1-Before I begin to ask your questions, I have to say that I am sorry about my mistake, those Comments were in Farsi (Iranian language) and I forgot to translate them to English. I have translated them for you in this attached file.
2- The criterions of decesioning in this spreadsheet are:
If %GR&R less than %10 Gage is acceptable
If %GR&R more than %30 Gage is not acceptable
If %GR&R more than %10 and less than %30 the spreadsheet will multiple RPN in %GR&R and calculate the breakpoint, if the result is less than 37.8 Gage is acceptable otherwise gage is not acceptable. This section of calculation is according to Delphi spreadsheet for PPAP. You can download it from Cove’s free files. (This spreadsheet is called Partcertall-6.06)
3- Your guess is true the RPN is Risk Priority Number you have to calculate the RPN for work/inspection station that you want to use the gage.
4- There are two sheets in this file and they are independent:
GR&R-WIV is for calculatin %GR&R according to with in part variation method.
GR&R-PtoP is for calculatin %GR&R according to part to part variation method.
5- I think that I have asked your fifth question in my second answer.
6- In with in part variation method, n is the number appraisers (for example 3) and r is the number of trials (for example 2) but in part to part variation n is the number of parts (for example 10) and r is the number of trials.

Finally I have to say that I have checked this file with MSA manual’s examples but I think it should be better that you check it again.
I am ready to answer to your question.
Yours truly,
Mansoor
:bigwave: Partcertall-6.06

Attachments

• gr&r_wiv_2.xls
    95.5 KB · Views: 585
A

Armtzcor

Thanks a lot for your reply

Hi Shahshahani,

Thanks for your help on the questions and don't worry about the translation.

I will review your comments at the time to use the spreadsheet and if any questions I will contact you again.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Arnulfo

A

Armtzcor

Partcertall - 6.06.xls

Hello Shahshahani,

Hope you are fine. I have some little question may be you can help me.
The file partcestall-6.06.xls avaliable for free download at the cove prompt me for a password to use the workbooks inside this file.

Do you know this password to unprotect the workbook or do you know who I can contact to ask for it?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,
Arnulfo

S

shahshahani

Dear Arnulfo,
I dont know anything about passwords of those worksheets but I think you can ask from Delphi.
yours
Shahshahani
:frust:

S

Sam

Check the "K" constants. I believe they have changed with the 3rd edition.

Top Bottom