Organizations rushing the transition to AS9100 Rev. C

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
During the workshops I have been co-delivering in the West Coast, this month, several attendees mention the fact that their organizations are in the process of transitioning their systems to comply with Rev. C of AS/EN 9100. I warn them to the fact that as long as they are certified to Rev. B, that is the criteria the external auditors will use, during the audits.

Compliance with Rev. C of 9100 does NOT guarantee compliance to Rev. B. So, such organizations are doing a poor job of managing their risks...:tg: and "inviting" non-conformities.

I don't understand why some organizations want to rush into compliance with Rev. C. With the delay on the release of 9101 Rev. D, it will probably be spring or summer 2010 before anyone can be certified to the latest revision of 9100.

P

Phiobi

I had the same feed back in my last audit. My time frame is: Nov 09 complete AQMS AS9100 Rev C auditor and foundation course, Dec 09 gap analysis with LRQA auditor, Dec 10 have my system up and running ready for rev c.

Seems a long time but I bet it will fly by!!

J

Jeff Frost

I had the pleasure of attending Sidney's West Coast workshop and I agree that some of the participants I talked with are rushing to Revision C before their next renewal or original certification this AQMS. Most had not even though of talking with their CRBs to find out if they could even become registered to AS9100C.

Of course the one CRB that jumped the gun earlier this year and performed a Revision C audit of their client did not help matters either.

Last edited by a moderator:

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
I am in the "hurry up" mode because our resistration audit is due and have been told that rev B will not be used for new resistration audits (SGS....definetly not my choice). What is the scoop on that? I have the 2008 coordination draft of 9102, is there anything newer?
I am in the process of auditing using that draft as the guide. I think I have it down pretty well as I introduced process audits when I worked at Pratt Whitney. I choose a turtle diagram as my tool and a base line flow. My delimina is how or if I should share these with the auditor except at the audit of the audits. It would save him massive work....but why should I ? I already don't like him. :argue:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
I am in the "hurry up" mode because our resistration audit is due and have been told that rev B will not be used for new resistration audits (SGS....definetly not my choice). What is the scoop on that? I have the 2008 coordination draft of 9102, is there anything newer?
I am in the process of auditing using that draft as the guide. I think I have it down pretty well as I introduced process audits when I worked at Pratt Whitney. I choose a turtle diagram as my tool and a base line flow. My delimina is how or if I should share these with the auditor except at the audit of the audits. It would save him massive work....but why should I ? I already don't like him. :argue:

You might want to look at this thread if you haven't already, as it looks like your CRB is the one being discussed.

J

Jeff Frost

Interesting that this CRB is jumping the gun related to registration.

But maybe we should take this a little further by giving better service to our customer (them who employ us). If our customer wants to have an AQMS modeled after Revision C of the Standard what do we need to supply to assure that it is compatible to Revision B for registration?

Here is my starter items:

1) Quality manual that retains the relationship between the requirements of the Standard and the organizations documented procedures.
2) Retention of detailed tools and technique requirement from 8.2.2

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
I have a new twist. I called the cb this morning because our ISO registration runs out June 29th. They want a new ISO contract and full 5.5 day registration audit for that even though we are scheduled for an August AS9100 audit to rev C. Originally October but they cannot accommodate us then....only from July 16th through 20 August due to auditor availability. They either want a new 3 year contract with a full 5.5 day audit or revoke our registration. Further, they did not notify us 3 months prior about the expiration, our last surveillance audit was February. I know better........Tomorrow AM I will fight the battle...today I am not focused enough.......I need to get my ducks in a row first.

Randy

Super Moderator
....Kinda like playing Russian Roulette with a 6 shot revolver and all cylinders loaded:lol:

Top Bottom