Auditor transition requirements for ISO 9001:2008

J

Joy

Can some one help me to find the guidance document for auditor transition requirements to ISO 9001:2008 from ISO 9001:2000?

For transition to ISO 9001:2000 there was a requirement of attending and passing a two days course but for transition to 2008 version there was no such requirement.A self study conducted by CBs needed to be completed for the transition.

I am looking for this requirement.

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Auditor transition requirements for ISO 9001

Joy: I don't think such a thing exists. The change wasn't significant enough to require any training.

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions

I think there was something, initially IRCA stated that all registered auditors needed to undergo at least 4 hours of training on the updated standard - when the scale of the changes were understood I think they cut that back to 2 hours.

I recall running lots of short update courses to tell people what hadn't changed! :tg:

J

Joy

I applied to one auditor approval board for a scheme certification and the basic requirement is completion of QMS LA course.So they are asking auditor certificate for ISO 9001:2008.
I don't have that, the way the auditor approval board expects- a lead auditor certificate for ISO 9001:2008.
I have done LA course for ISO 9001:2004 then the two day transition course for ISO 9001:2000.For 2008 transition,there was no requirement to undergo a formal course.A self study course designed by the CBs were accepted.So I have done that and have few certificates and even these certificates are not within last three years as the courses were done around 2009-10 to start audit in new version.
Even,I was a lead tutor for ISO 9001:2008 LA courses (IRCA and QCI approved) and conducted courses till 2011:)You can be a tutor for a course but where is your certificate to complete the LA course!:rolleyes:

How can I convince the auditor approval board? any advice!
A hint for this puzzle-The scheme examiner in the auditor approval board may be purely an administrative person and for him/her understanding all these technicalities is not important or may be a risk.

Big Jim

Admin

I don't know where to find it or if you could still find it today, but IRCA said that auditors could do a self study of two hours or more for the ISO 9001:2000 to ISO 9001:2008 transition.

I still have the Quality Magazine article and other similar material about the transition if they would be of any help to you. PM me with your email address if that want them.

J

Joy

You are correct and I have also done so but how to convince the certification scheme manager unless we have something solid.Did it come from ABs,IAF or ISO?
Since last night I am trying to recollect but it seems that I have a long term memory loss.

Big Jim

Admin

You are correct and I have also done so but how to convince the certification scheme manager unless we have something solid.Did it come from ABs,IAF or ISO?
Since last night I am trying to recollect but it seems that I have a long term memory loss.

I'm pretty sure that the two hour thing came from IRCA. You might try visiting their web site to see if you can turn anything up.

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions

Jim, I too think it was IRCA that specifically stated 2 hours were required.

Top Bottom