Audit Checklists: Quality Management System - Manufacturing Process - Product

C

Cheryl

Specific Audit Checklists

8.2.2 Internal auditing now requires organizations to conduct 3 types of audits:
1. Quality Management System Audits
2. Manufacturing Process Audits
3. Product Audits
with specific checklists used for each audit.

Would anyone have a sampling of the 3 audit checklists they are currently using and would be willing to share.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JLMorris

I interpret 8.2.2 as saying that we have to do audits of the QMS, but not process or product audits. 8.2.3 & 8.2.4 say that we shall monitor and measure processes and products, but audit them. IMHO. I would be interested to see what other peoples opinions are.

M

M Greenaway

JL

Note that this is the TS16949 thread, and clause 8.2.2 of this standard does state the three types of audit mentioned - and recommends the use of checklists.

I havent generated any checklists yet as we are some years off of TS16949 implementation (well to the end of 2006 when QS9000 is defunct).

S

Sam

Cheryl,
I haven't developed the checklists yet, but I will share the approach that i am going to take;

1. Quality Management System Audits
Prepare checklists to audit the "shalls".

2. Manufacturing Process Audits
Select a process, develop the checklist base on inputs, activities, interfaces and outputs.

3. Product Audits
Select the product, prepare the checklist based on customer
requirements and records.

I may have oversimplified a bit, but it is a start.

T

Ted Kibbe

Try This!!!!

Harrington Group Software ---- Audit Master,
Google it

I work at a Powder Metal Company in the Quality Dept, PPAP Coord. & ISO/TS-16949 Auditor also. We currently have 3 types of audits, QMS, Process, & Product (Dock Audit). our Product audits cover door to door and could and Do cover some aspects of the Processes. Hope it helps

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Leader
Admin
Oddly enough, here we are (I seem to be following you around Andy). Not a fan of Harrington software myself (had a rather interesting exchange with Harrington himself at one point), but may be useful to the broader audience. At this point, only his name remains with the company. He's been out for a while now.

It's interesting to see old threads find new life.

Kev

Top Bottom