Thread micrometer setting standard - Who makes Thread micrometer setting standards?

apestate

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello everybody

For the past two years I've been trying to figure out where I can purchase these little setting standards for thread pitch micrometers.

Can anybody identify the source of these? They only seem to show up around no-name 3rd world instruments.

Attachments

• ground thread mic standard small.jpg
    ground thread mic standard small.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 305

apestate

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Thread micrometer setting standard - Who makes Thread micrometer setting standard

thank you very much for the reference, sarasheed.

I am familiar with the mitutoyo style thread-pitch-diameter-micrometer standards. I do not like those, however, because they are too finnicky and are easily damaged. They always seem to dent the W anvil and become dented themselves in their W end by the cones.

Attached to my original post is a picture of the thread micrometer standard I'm trying to identify. It's a portion of a ground thread, a very course pitch. It is about a 1/4 turn of a heavy lead thread and has a pitch diameter of right around 1". It also has a relieved thread root and a fairly sharp thread crest, so it's useful with every anvil set.

I'd like to find the maker or source of these particular thread micrometer setting standards. In the two years it's been in my mind to find them, I've seen 3. They come with Polish instruments.

L

LuisR

Did you ever find a source for the masters? We have 2 but would like to buy some backups.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Thread Pitch Master.jpg
    Thread Pitch Master.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 255
Top Bottom