Bias & Linearity Study - How to calculate the P value for the Average Bias

T

toto1314

Hi

Does any one know how to calculate the P value for the Average Bias.
and what is the formula? it is an output from minitab.

Gage Bias
Reference Bias P
Average 0.157333 0.000
2 0.170833 0.000
4 0.158333 0.000
6 0.171667 0.000
8 0.154167 0.004
10 0.131667 0.001

Thanks

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
A quick "Bump". Can anyone here help with this one? My Thanks in advance!

T

toto1314

I have try the formula state in Minitab many many time but i could'nt get the same P value.:eek:

That is why i am seeking help here.

If anyone can show the calculation step by step that will be much appretiated.

Thanks

D

debyang

Sorry, I did not realize that Minitab's "Help" can not help with that at all.

I used the MSA manual's example data and got similiar results to minitab's(SD approach, not range approach)by the following steps:

#1 Calculate average bias EV(Pool SD from the 5 reference's EVs, each EV is calcuated with Excel function STDEV)
#2 Calculate average bias SD(=average bias EV/sqrt(mg), m parts, g trials)
#3 Calculate average bias t value(=average bias /average bias SD)
#4 Get P value with average bias t value and df=m(g-1) (using Excel function Tdist, 2 tails)

Hope this will help.

T

toto1314

Thanks a lot. it work!

Now i realized that i have a difference calculation in standard error mean for the Pooled Stddev. From my understanding this is the formula in minitab 16 ( pooled Stdev / sqrt(1/n1)+...(1/ng). pls help to verify.

Thanks again

D

debyang

Why the formula for this average bias standard error is not accountable... Minitab's people might have good reasons. Since the df is m(g-1), it just seems not reasonable to me to calculate the standard error with that formula.

M

mode62930

Hi,
I want to calculate the p-value with excel for Bias & linearity. I block with the 4td step explain by Debyang. Do you have an example of calculation on excel file ?

Regards?

Jinnn

Registered
Thanks a lot. it work!

Now i realized that i have a difference calculation in standard error mean for the Pooled Stddev. From my understanding this is the formula in minitab 16 ( pooled Stdev / sqrt(1/n1)+...(1/ng). pls help to verify.

Thanks again

Could you share excel form of Calculate average bias EV? I tried to calculate couple of day but it can't get result.
Thank alot!

Top Bottom