5 Whys Template - Excel .xls Spreadsheet

J

jrubio

This templete is done, following Delphi requirements in the training course.

It does not exist a Delphi templete due to Delphi require to fulfill their supplier this info directly in Covisit (Internet). Covisint is also used by Visteon. http://www.covisint.com/ See bellow what is Covisint

Delphi.ppt 5Whys Course at this link
Delphi 5 Whys trainning course attachment - Powerpoint .ppt

I created a file integrating 5Whys into G8D see G8d Javier

:bigwave:

Attachments

• 5Whys Templete.XLS
    49.5 KB · Views: 7,710
Last edited by a moderator:
M

Michael Walmsley

Re: 5 Whys Templete - Excel .xls Spreadsheet

Rubio,
The Toyota 5 Y template is included in the workbook. Many people find this template easier to use. Thank you anyhow. I'll save it.

Someone sent me an e-mail that was accidently deleted on my part. For that I'm sorry. The message had to do with SFMEA prompting the need for DFMEA,PFMEA's.

The only time that a SFMEA does NOT prompt DFMEA,s or PFMEA's is when the concept behind the SFMEA is cancelled and not pursued for production.

An example of a medical device SFMEA/DFMEA/PFMEA has been included in this forum. Search for the file "Hip.xls".

Thanks all for the feedback.

Mike:bigwave:

J

jrubio

Mike

Delphi 5Whys is easy to used and it is more developed. See the example of the baby:

Risk Management Process Workbook - Attached Files

you have to close

---Problem not detected:
–Why did the problem reach the Customer?

---System failure:
–Why did our system allow it to occur?

what is really the important thing to your Customer, because to be honest your Customer does not care that you idenfied the root cause (G8D or single 5Whys)), your Customer want not to happen again

About Covisint
Covisint is the leading provider of services that enable the integration of vital business information and processes between partners, customers and suppliers. Covisint uses an industry-centric approach leveraging deep expertise and state-of-the-art technology to address industry specific needs. Covisint bridges gaps created by dissimilar business systems and adapts businesses to work with the myriad of business processes and technologies used by partners. Covisint creates value for organizations of any size by providing speed in decision-making, reducing partner collaboration costs and enabling greater responsiveness in serving customers.
Covisint provides a unique framework for collaboration called an 'Industry Operating System'. This framework provides a complete solution for:

Safely sharing internal applications with external users
Automated external partner user lifecycle management and administration
Affordable, effective partner portal for exchanging vital information and structured communications
Reliable data messaging (including EDI) between partner applications and systems

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jrubio

Rubio,
The Toyota 5 Y template is included in the workbook. Many people find this template easier to use. Thank you anyhow. I'll save it.

Someone sent me an e-mail that was accidently deleted on my part. For that I'm sorry. The message had to do with SFMEA prompting the need for DFMEA,PFMEA's.

The only time that a SFMEA does NOT prompt DFMEA,s or PFMEA's is when the concept behind the SFMEA is cancelled and not pursued for production.

An example of a medical device SFMEA/DFMEA/PFMEA has been included in this forum. Search for the file "Hip.xls".

Thanks all for the feedback.

Mike:bigwave:

Michael.
But Toyota 5 Whys I think do not close all these questions:

5-Why:
---Specific problem:
–Why did we have the problem?
---Problem not detected:
–Why did the problem reach the Customer?
---System failure:
–Why did our system allow it to occur?

D

dlsquality

All of this looks very similar to the GM drill deep and wide approach which is based on the prevent, predict, protect concepts.

L

Laura M

Except if you have a problem on a part you ship to Delphi, that gets through to GM you have to fill out both forms AND enter the same data into Covisint fields. It is so rediculously redundant - you spend more time filling out papers than working on fixing the problem.:mad:

T

Triana

Javier,

Me salvaste la vida! You saved my life! Thank you so much for the powerpoint presentation. It is awesome! I've never seen the 5'Why's in this specific format and it is exactly what I need for a training I need to do on Root Cause. Muchas Gracias!:thanx:

Triana

Top Bottom