Quality Assurance/Quality Control in Education Consultacy

R

Rioananda

Hi All,

I still implement ISO 9001:2008 in education consultacy,..it is a new thing for me (my background is industry especially in manufacture)

In my company, Branch Manager officiate as a QA, so he/she must monitoring and check consultation progrees. Some item he/she must check like :
- appearance the consultant (must proffesional)
- information given (he can check directly or check the record of consultaion
progress)
- responsive
- Communication
- etc.
and he/she must record that monitoring/check in a form.

My question is, whether it is okay if there is no specific department QA or QC (because Branch manager (sales dept) officiate as QA/QC) ??

Can anyone share, How QA/QC implementation in service industries ??

Thanks,

Rio

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
There is no rule in any Standard that the organization MUST organize itself to include a specific department of Quality, nor that the organization must appoint one or more people as exclusive "Quality" titles. What is expected is for the FUNCTIONS of Quality be implemented.

This usually means having some variation of Deming's original

• Plan
  • Do
  • Check
  • Act
(PDCA)
PDCA (plan?do?check?act or plan?do?check?adjust) is an iterative four-step management method used in business for the control and continuous improvement of processes and products. It is also known as the Deming circle/cycle/wheel, Shewhart cycle, control circle/cycle, or plan?do?study?act (PDSA).
regardless whether any single individual or group of individuals is specifically assigned to the role.

Any organization may implement PDCA whether it is a one person shop or an organization with tens of thousands of employees.

My personal opinion (apart from the requirements of a Standard) is that an organization would do well to also implement Deming's System of Profound Knowledge (SoPK)

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Rio,

Every organization provides a service, some also provide products.

Your process-based management system should help its users to determine and fulfill customer requirements. This is QC.

Then leaders ensure everyone is using and improving the management system to provide confidence that requirements will be fulfilled. This is QA.

As Wes says, both QC and QA require us to plan, do, study and act to improve processes as necessary to fulfill the requirement of current and future customers.

Search the Cove for advice on developing process-based management systems that help organizations to control and assure quality while conforming to ISO 9001.

John

P

PaulJSmith

I agree with all of the above, and will add that wherever you see the word "product," you can simply substitute the word "service" to apply to your own business. As John alluded, they are pretty much one in the same regarding the standard.

R

Rioananda

Thank you for advice,

@all : So, no problem if branch manager (sales dept.) officiate as a QC, without specific department like department "qc"??

Whats your opinion ??

Thanks,

Rio

P

PaulJSmith

Absolutely not. So long as the work is getting done, it matters not the title of the person doing it.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Rio,

You are asking about functions when your focus should be on determining the processes necessary for your organization's management system to be successful.

Work with top management to do this and to name an owner for each process. The process owner is the person who knows how the process actually works.

You can then work with each process owner to develop the management system based on what your organization does to get work, do work and get paid.

John

R

Rioananda

Thanks all,

So I get conclusion for this,

- No problem, without specific department like department "qc" , during functions "qc" performed. right ??

Any example for me especially in service industry (same industry or similar), how they "QC" monitoring or check ??

Thanks,

Rio

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Rio,

When your consultant verifies he or she is delivering the services specified in the service specification may be an example of QC.

The service specification may be an output of your organization's service design process that is verified then validated in consultation with the client, probably by your managing consultant.

Forgive me for not answering again your question about the need for a QC function or department.

Simply analyze and capture what your organization already does to understand and fulfill customer needs.

Accordingly, you do not need to mention QC or QA in the documented parts of your management system.

John

Top Bottom