How to establish the 4M (Man Machine Method Material) change control

T

tammy johnson

"Fresh off the presses" ;) according to the boss!!! How to incorporate the 4M processes into a existing system that doesn't check anything only changes stuff :confused:

I also have a question about how define responsibilities for corrective action processes we have a lot of overdue ones, and why do companies let the auditor tell them what to do instead of doing what works for their particular company!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
tammy johnson said:
4M'S 1. Man - change of operators 2. Machine - new, updating or improving facility 3.Method - changes in process i.e. operations, working conditions, 4. Material - raw material, parts change, packing change or auxiliaries.
What are your processes? What is your current documentation like structure wise / what exists currently? Work Instructions? Setup instructions? How is document control currently handled?

An implementation project plan depends upon what currently exists vs. your goal / requirements.
...why do companies let the auditor tell them what to do instead of doing what works for their particular company...
If that is happening, whoever the key person in your company who handles the QMS and interfaces with the auditors is needs some help IMO. And, if this is happening, the auditor is consulting not auditing. But again, more details - such as an example of what you're doing vs. what the auditor tells you to do - will help us to better answer your question.

A

Azrul Azmi

Hi My Name Azrul from Malaysia

just need ur help.next week i have a audit from customer,they asking me 4M Change format ? can somebody help me? i need a format for 4M chenge? 4M change for plastic injection manufacturing

tq

R

rakesh_bhaj

Dear All,

Above discussions shows details of 4-M change hwoever how to control 4-M at shop floor, General change control procedure is well understood by all but micro level day to day changes in 4M how to control.

Can any body help us to develop procedure to control 4M in effective way .

Also how to deal with 4M changes if reported .

Enclosed herewith listing of 4M changes noticed but reaction method and general procedure need clarification.

Please share some examples of implementation with procedure.

Attachments

• 4M Sheet.xls
    35 KB · Views: 5,024
Top Bottom