Can it be Done Optional Procedures to Follow? (Not mandatory)

J

jrubio

I was thinking of that.

May be it could be interesting to have some optional procedures to follow but not mandatory. That is the Team know the procedure but they are free to change it or not to follow it.

Other kind of "Not mandatory procedure or voluntary" procedure.

The idea is to have a minimum objective description of activities but not the necessary Task to follow it in order to experiment new alternatives, or simply let the system improve by itself or simply to see why people do other things that scheduled and let the enterprise to have set a minimum knowledge on write.

Or establish which activities are voluntary and other which are mandatory.

Do you think this could be feasible?.

Last edited by a moderator:

BradM

Leader
Admin
interesting concept....

I have a friend who never reads e-mail marked low urgency, because... "It's low urgency".

I have enough trouble getting people to read/follow required procedures. Not sure what kind of value would be obtained through the use of optional procedures. Honestly, most people I know would never look at them.

Was there a specific application you were thinking would benefit from an optional procedure?

J

jrubio

interesting concept....

I have a friend who never reads e-mail marked low urgency, because... "It's low urgency".

I have enough trouble getting people to read/follow required procedures. Not sure what kind of value would be obtained through the use of optional procedures. Honestly, most people I know would never look at them.

Was there a specific application you were thinking would benefit from an optional procedure?

May be the problem is that you have enough Mandatory procedures to follow and people do not focus and meassure the importance of each one. Estrategic process or support process

The concept is that Companies only create mandatory procedures because they are mandatory and they do not usually create more in order to not establish enough rules to follow and maintain in time. (Audits)

The problem is that other activities outside procedure are not measured in term of Lean concept (Time of activities and movement of work trough an organization).

The idea of a optional procedure is to measure the activities usually make by the people but not to have the mandatory to follow it. and with the time to see if the Team discovered other ways.

Or if a new worker join the company, the worker will have a minimum idea of movement of activities into the organization in Areas outside of Mandatory procedure.

Or create procedure witch establish the main step to follow but let other parts optional

This is an Idea I am considering in order to give more freedom to Quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom