Sub-Supplier compliance to Ford Phase 0 PPAP (Run at Rate)

C

cmulka

We are assembling a module for Ford and have agreed upon a date to perform line speed demonstration (Run at Rate Phase 0 PPAP) for a low volume program. The module is mostly purchased components off of new tooling. Do all our sub-suppliers have to have their Run at Rates line speed demos complete prior to shipping thir parts to us for our Phase 0 run? What is Ford's requirement and what are the risks? Assume the sub-suppliers will be using production tooling.

N

Narayana

I know about GM but not about ford...

I dont think that there is a risk to your sub supplier in this case..as most of the run@rate is performed at the final assy station.

If your run@rate is good enough then there is not much risk involved with the subsupplier.

Only thing is that you must have a good study of your sub suppliers Run @ rate so that after signing the PSW with required volume you fail to deliver because of a problem from your sub supplier capacity....

as many a times a successful run@rate will have a capacity constraints afterwords....

this is an abstract from GM run@rate of supplier preparation..

Prior to the Run at Rate the supplier must...
Conduct a practice Run at Rate and/or simulations
Complete the Run at Rate worksheet attachments
Provide written confirmation of subcontractors’ ability to meet capacity, quality and delivery requirements..

hope it might help.. :)

P

patatras

Hello
I'm new person here but i will answer you about the requirements from my FORD STA
we are preparing now RR phase 0.Our sub supplier has to provide the OEE form completed from its RR 0.

Top Bottom