Incoming Receiving Inspection Form

K

KidPaddy

hello guys, :)

does anyone have a general form or any form in regards to incoming inspection? not the aql or acceptance sampling but the sheet or form itself.
the one were using is made only for a particular item that are supplied to us, that is why we have a need for another version for the other items.

tnx a lot guys!

:thanks:

:thanx:

T

Ted Schmitt

Re: Incoming Inspection Form

Attached is the form we use. We are an industrial valve company, so most of our inspections are based upon drawings and 90% of items to be inspected are dimensions on the parts being received.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Receiving inspection form.xls
    22 KB · Views: 6,216

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Incoming Inspection Form

does anyone have a general form or any form in regards to incoming inspection? not the aql or acceptance sampling but the sheet or form itself.
the one were using is made only for a particular item that are supplied to us, that is why we have a need for another version for the other items.

tnx a lot guys!

Are you looking for a specific form of the documentation of the received goods, or a documented result (Dimensional) of incoming inspection?

K

KidPaddy

Re: Incoming Inspection Form wanted

thanks ted.

if you have both courey it will be much better....tnx a lot.

again much gratitude to you guys.

:D :thanx: :bigwave:

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource

if you have both courey it will be much better....tnx a lot. :D :thanx: :bigwave:

I use a simple (as of yet have no problems with our customers. Both Aerospace and commercial) evidence of the results of the inspections: My inspectors document the results right on the drawing itself at the applicable dimension. They also initial and date their results. I use an "Inspection Copy Only" drawing that are given to the inspectors to perform the inspection. I believe AS9100 requires a specific form be used to document the results of a FAI, but since our company wasn't required to be AS9100 registered, by any of our customers, we used the drawing the same way for FAI's.

Last edited:

Steve McQuality

Quality Engineer

tnx a lot guys!

Good Morning KidPaddy:

Here's an example of an inspection form that we use. Our general inspection scheme is based on ASQ Z1.4. Some explanation is probably warranted...

The form shows Revision History at the top and P/N and Revision of the form at the bottom. P/N and Revision of the part inspected is in the upper right hand corner of the "Table". The columns, I hope, should be pretty self-explanatory. "Reference" is the equipment and/or reference standard used to inspect the given dimension and/or feature, "Dimension" is the dimension from the associated part drawing, "Extremes" are the dimensional tolerances - again directly from the drawing, "Qty. Inspected" is just that - how many parts were inspected, "Special Instruction" is where we define the inspection level for the given dimension.

For the Inspection Level, we either inspect 100%, AQL (which is typically our company standard AQL level - we use General Inspection Level II and you should choose your appropriate AQL level), and a term we've defined as "Eng. Use". This term is defined as a dimension or feature that, based on the incoming inspection history, criticallity of the dimension and supplier performance, is no longer inspected but is maintained on the form for historical reference. As defined in our inspection system, "Eng. Use" allows engineering to "reinstitute" this dimensional check if a problem is found with that dimension by writing a memo to file. Once the problem with this dimension is resolved with the Supplier, the "problem dimension" can then go back to "no longer inspected" or maybe we want to raise it back to AQL permanently. It merely limits the number of "CN" changes we need to make to the document.

...just another way of doing things. It works for us. I hope this helps.

-Steve

Attachments

• Incoming Inspection Sheet.doc
    64 KB · Views: 4,622
Last edited:
K

KidPaddy

Re: Incoming Receiving Inspection Form wanted

tnx a lot Steve. its a lot of help, variety of information is good. tnx.:magic:

Top Bottom