Transition from ISO9001-2000 to TS16494 - Small Business Seeking Advice and Help

K

kandk

Hi from down under.(Australia)

We are just starting to look at the transition mentioned above.

Can anyone point me towards a sample set of documents, so i can see what someone else has done to achieve certification. we are a small business and currently we have ISO9001-2000, QS9000 and ISO14000.

I am a one man band and believe in doing it ourself rather than pay for a consultant.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Terry

K

Karen R

Greetings and welcome aboard! There's plenty of good information here in the forums, but remember, you may not need to change your documentation much if at all to make the transition. Depending on how you define your quality manual, that may need updating to refer to the new standard. The seven required procedures should already be there (along with required records).

That leaves needing to define your processes, which I believe most of us have done with process flow diagrams - we have and we LOVE THEM! They have been a great process improvement tool! I'll attach a sample or two. We use Microsoft Visio, but I'll attach PDFs so you can view.

What type of business are you in?

Attachments

• Visio-PF01_CGL_Process.pdf
    60.7 KB · Views: 358
  • Visio-PF10 Exit_Inspection.pdf
    72.5 KB · Views: 442
More Advice

I answered an PM on this same subject with the following:

My best advice: ask your questions at the Cove. There are many experts here and you will get multiple opinions.

If you already have a QS system, I recommend using the vast majority of it to meet TS2. Get some of the transition papers from ISO9k94 to ISO9K2k (https://qualitypress.asq.org/iso9000/) (search on "transition") and QS9000 to TS16949 (CQI- 7: ISO/TS 16949:2002 Implementation Guide https://www.aiag.org/committees/cqsc.cfm#cqscpub) and all the standards that you need (https://www.aiag.org/publications/quality/dcxfordgm.cfm).

Start by identifying what you already have in your 9k94(or9k2K)/QS9k system that will satisfy 9k2k and TS2. From there, figure out the additions/changes that you will need to implement.

Rewrite your manual and eliminate the numbers; concentrate on writing a book that flows through your system. Process interactions and flows are the big buzzwords for TS. Train on the existing stuff. Then train on the new. and train. and train.

I created a spreadsheet with every section of TS2 listed down the left column. Note the numbers or titles of your existing manual sections that will support each TS2 section. Note the name of your new manual section. Track references and supporting forms and records for each section. Create a column for training, is it done? Who got it? Have an action item column, is the section written, implemented, trained, audited, effective, etc. Who's assigned to do what.

Guess what, after you do all that, you'll have a nice interaction of processes map. (sample attached)

Attachments

• ProjectStatusBySection.xls
    42.5 KB · Views: 646
K

kandk

what do we make

Many Mnay thanks for all of your responses. They are all very much appreciated.
Nice to know I am not alone.

Regards
Terry

Bye the way we are a metal pressings Mfg'r fpor the automotive industry. Deep into Lean, and currently have Qs9000, ISO9001-2000 and ISO14000.

LIttle bit used to process maps, have quite a few ourselves, but seeing what others do is always iluminating.

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom