Information on the extent of Statistics in the Six Sigma Green Belt Exam

O

onenana

Hi Jim, I am scheduled to write the six sigma green belt exam in a week, I will appreciate any advice on the extent of the statistics portion on the exam and also if you have any idea as to why it is a four hour long exam. Thank you.

A Hello to everyone from the newbie...

I am about to embark on the mission of having a few ASQ certifications..starting with the Green Belt certification on June 3. Does anyone have a sample/reference exam posted for the CSSGB Certification?

Thanks,

Ash
Hi Ashay,
I am equally scheduled to take the green belt exam in a week. I will appreciate any information on your experience with the exam with regards to the statistics section of the exam and why the exam is 4 hrs long. Thank you.

I am scheduled to take the green belt certification exam in a week. I will appreciate any information on the extent of the statistics in the exam and why the exam is 4hrs long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Information on the extent of the Statistics in the Six Sigma Green Belt Exam

which exam are you sitting? the ASQ exam, a university provided exam, a 3rd party consultant exam or your company's internal exam?

have you taken any study courses or studied any of the available study guides?

if you are sitting the ASQ exam you can view the Body of Knowledge which will give you a rough scope of of the type of statistics covered.

4 hours is a standard exam for thsi type of certification exam if you are sitting the ASQ exam.

B

Brunetta

Re: Information on the extent of the Statistics in the Six Sigma Green Belt Exam

I took the ASQ CSSGB exam this morning...I felt that I was well prepared.
The test is challenging, but not math problem heavy in my opinion.
I took an 11 week prep class that my local ASQ section conducted (learned ALOT from those classes)
I took three reference materials: The Council of Indiana CSSGB Primer, Pyzdek's Six Sigma Handbook and the materials from my prep class.
Having a test strategy is really important.
I answered over half the answers within 45 minutes without cracking a book.
I marked questions I knew was a quick look up in the book and answered those next (there were about 25 of those)
The last 25 were the ones that you had to take the knowledge in the book and then apply logic (these took more time but were not impossible)
All in all I was finished filling out the exam at the half way point.
At that point I took the remaining time to double check some of my answers, when I got to the point where I was second guessing myself...I stopped and forced myself to turn in the exam.
Results will be out in a week...but all in all...it really wasn't about getting the certification (at least for me)
It was about pushing myself to learn new things...the test validated (for me) just how much I learned.
Certification or not...I am very proud of myself today.
Off to have a celebratory lunch now!
Well let you know what the results are in a week or so
~Brunetta

B

Brunetta

Thanks!

I feel I should add this important fact to clarify how I was able to answer so many questions without cracking open any books. I would hate to think I have led someone into complacency or overconfidence about the test.

While my 20 plus years of experience has been quality related, it hasn't been what you would say "traditionally" quality related until about two years ago when I was introduced to ISO 9001.

So I may have studied a bit more than the average "quality" person would have. Plus I am a perfectionist...do they have a 12 step program for that?

The class I took was a total of 33 hours...I spent an additional 200 hours studying outside of class to include reading 10 different books on the subject of quality and/or statistics in addition to the Primer.

It was a gruelling 2 months: working full time, studying and travelling up Interstate 95 during rush hour to attend a 3 hour class once a week -My kids are very happy that Mom has taken the test and things can get back to normal.

I heard a lot of frustrated sighs around me while taking the test
(a few were my own)

It isn't a cake walk, but I had a huge smile on my face driving home

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

onenana

Pardon my late reply, I did take the Asq green belt certification exam on Saturday December 4th and will like to thank you for your prompt reply.

B

Brunetta

Pardon my late reply, I did take the Asq green belt certification exam on Saturday December 4th and will like to thank you for your prompt reply.
Curious to know...What were your impressions of the exam?

O

onenana

Curious to know...What were your impressions of the exam?
Brunnetta,
I can really elaborate more when the results post to my account in a week .

Anyway, I had a amazing experience researching the body of knowledge and will not hessitate to recomend the exam to anyone interested in pursuing a certification in process improvement. The exam itself was about 70 percent concept loaded and 30 percent statistical computations, and the questions pretty much covered the whole BOK.

B

Brunetta

FYI...I PASSED the exam.

I am now a certified ASQ Six Sigma Green Belt!

:D

~Brunetta

Top Bottom