Finance procedures in QMS

A

AirAusquin

Hello again from Venezuela!

Several times We have heard the comment that ISO/TS 16949:2002 auditors ask for finance's "accounts receivable & accounts payable" procedures, but we have not being able to link this to any ISO/TS requirement.

Is easy to understand that no being payed by Costumers or not paying suppliers (the last one due to the first one generally) could result in the situation of not being able deliver the product on time, thus the importance of having this process very well defined.

Any clue on how to implement this on a ISO/TS QMS?

Thanks!!!!

Alejandro

D

db

AirAusquin said:
Hello again from Venezuela!

Several times We have heard the comment that ISO/TS 16949:2002 auditors ask for finance's "accounts receivable & accounts payable" procedures, but we have not being able to link this to any ISO/TS requirement.

Is easy to understand that no being payed by Costumers or not paying suppliers (the last one due to the first one generally) could result in the situation of not being able deliver the product on time, thus the importance of having this process very well defined.

Any clue on how to implement this on a ISO/TS QMS?

Thanks!!!!

Alejandro

There are two sides to this. You mentioned one already. The other side is whether billing errors add to customer dissatisfaction. There is not direct ISO or TS requirement in this area, but both accounts payable, and accounts receivable can affect our ability to meet customer requirements and enhance customer satisfaction. Now that auditors and registrars know this..............

R

Randy Stewart

You can find other avenues into these areas when you identify your COPs.

A

AirAusquin

Thanks for pointing out the second one. I had an experience with another company where they billed the cosutumer in a wrong way and expected payment after 30 days, just to find at the end of that period that the bill was rejected, so the overall process needed to be started again. In that case it was an issue to our cashflow only (we provided services, no products).

If you ask me, I will tie this process to a Manufacturing SOP as another SOP, what do you think?

db said:
Now that auditors and registrars know this..............

I don't get this last comment. Do you mean?:
a. Auditors/registrars are aware of two "failure modes" and impact on the QMS
b. Auditors/registrars are informed of actual problems with costumers on this area

Thanks again!

Alejandro

D

db

AirAusquin said:
I don't get this last comment. Do you mean?:
a. Auditors/registrars are aware of two "failure modes" and impact on the QMS
b. Auditors/registrars are informed of actual problems with costumers on this area

Thanks again!

Alejandro

What I meant was that they are sure to be looking at this. They see it as a "new" requirement, so they will jump on it with both feet!

A

AirAusquin

db said:
They see it as a "new" requirement, so they will jump on it with both feet!

I guessed that, but I expected it to be shown in certain document, like a sanctioned interpretation, in the registrar certification agreement (it is not there), or something like that!

Thanks other Dave!

S

Sean Kelley

I do not know how they they can directly link accounts receivable & accounts payable to the TS standard but there may have been some kind of connection. Was there a customer complaint somewhere about not getting paid. Sometimes auditors know your customers or know your company's reputation in the industry. If you don't have any problems then they probably would not ask. It may also be a "Registrar" requirement or pet peeve to look into.

Top Bottom