Gage R&R or Anova two way? Using Minitab

E

ed1978

I am fairly new using Minitab and I need to run some analysis using it.
I have 2 technicians who will be cycling a rubber dumbell 3 times from 0 to 10% elongation and they will repoprt the mean of the three cycles. Each technician will test 15 rubber dumbells. I will then have 15 mean values of tensile data from each operator. I need to find out if there are variances, interaction, etc.
I thought I could use Gage R&R nested, since the test can not be done twice on the same sample (since the rubber sample will relax too much). I also thought I could use Anova instead.
Can someone guide me? Is there another method to use?

I would like to know if there are variances in test, machine, part to part, technicians, etc.

Thank you greatly in advance!!

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
You are in luck. The MSA routines in Minitab are just standard ANOVA packages with some nice graphs and summary statistics.

You are correct that you have a nested study. You have two Minitab options for nested ANOVA studies. The first is the Nested ANOVA option, the second the General Linear Model (GLM).

The Nested ANOVA option is the easiest to use, but is not as flexible as the GLM. The GLM is very flexible and can accommodate most any design you may have in mind, but requires that the nesting structure be carefully established when entering the model. You must also specify which factors are fixed and which are random.

Once you have the Session Window output, you will have to transfer the results to Excel and manually calculate all of the MSA metrics such as % Study Variation, etc.

You can recreate all of the MSA graphs individually using Minitab's Graph functions then combine them in a single window using the Layout tool.

Top Bottom