Improving my Quality Qualifications - What certifications, seminars, classes, etc.

N

natecsss

I'm new to quality and have been in my position with my company for almost a year. We have completed our ISO 9001 recertification audit and are looking to become AS certified by 2017. I feel like I have a good handle on the responsibilities needed to get product out the door and for our company to keep our registrations but a lot of times it feels like I'm just meeting a checklist.

My question is what certifications, seminars, classes, etc. should I be looking into to improve my knowledge of quality as a whole? What things should I be doing to improve the company's standing as a company that values quality and has outstanding personnel?

Thank you in advance.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Improving my Quality Qualifications - What certifications, seminars, classes, etc

attend some of the ASQ conferences. the Lean, six sigma conference held in phoenix the first week of March is pretty useful (disclaimer, I am a regular speaker there, but I have been impressed with the overall quality of the conference). The world conference in May is also a potential although it is much larger so networking opportunities may be better at the LSS conference.

Also read:
Statistical Engineering by Steiner and MacKay
Quality improvement through Planned Experimentation by Moen, Nolan and Provost
The Toyota Way and The Toyota Way Handbook by Jeffrey Liker
anything by Donald Wheeler...

N

natecsss

Re: Improving my Quality Qualifications - What certifications, seminars, classes, etc

Thank you Bev.

I am attending a Transition Conference this year and want to start doing annual training to improve the program we have here.

Top Bottom