Recertification Frequency for TS 16949 Lead Auditors

S

stlwtrs

Does anyone have any recommendations for how often ISO TS16949 Lead Auditors should be recertified?

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Re: ISO TS16949 Lead Auditor Requirements

Does anyone have any recommendations for how often ISO TS16949 Lead Auditors should be recertified?

3rd party auditors get tested, evaluated or recertified frequently (constantly). New standard, new rules, both result in tests. Plus, witness audits, review of audits, etc. There is no requirement to recertify internal lead auditors, but it is beneficial to have continual improvement, refresher training every few years.

Things change. Ideas change. Concepts improve. I find if the people are still auditing the way they were trained 5 years ago, they frequently are not getting the latest techniques.

S

stlwtrs

Re: ISO TS16949 Lead Auditor Requirements

Thank you for the response. I should have clarified that these are Internal Lead Auditors. I agree with the refresher suggestion.

D

Doug

I used to attend AIAG internal lead auditor training for TS16949 every 3 years and sent my internal auditors to a public course every year. The general consensus was positive. There are always new methods/applications to learn.

Top Bottom