Machine Build Records Retention Requirements

M

michelle8075

I can't seem to remember where I saw something about this, or if it ever did really exist.

I had our Project Manager contact me because machine we built is being decommissioned at the plant it was intended for. Now the same machine is being reassembled and used within the same company at a different location. Our Project Manager wants to go with our procedure that says that we keep these records (i.e. machine build records) for 1 year after decommission. The Project Manager thinks that we are no longer responsible to keep them after the 1 year mark. I seem to think that the machine is not truly decommissioned and we are still required to keep these records

Is this really a "true" decommission? I thought I saw somewhere something about how you have to keep these records if the machine is transferred within the same organization. Maybe again, I am just having vivid dreams.... :lol:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Does anyone have any information on Machine Build Records Retention Requirements or comments on this scenario?

Top Bottom