Difference between six sigma and TQM approach

A

ajay.khosla

Hi to all the covers
I have changed ma commpany(from injection moulding base to foundry).In my earlier company,they used to follow six sigma(DMAIC),but in here they are following TQM aproach.
Can somebody tell me that whats the difference between Six sigma approach and TQm approach,as i am new to this company.

A

ajay.khosla

i have posted this day before yesterday but still no replies?

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

The day before yesterday was Saturday. Yesterday was Sunday. Most of our distinguished Cove Members are off during these two days (weekend). So if you're willing to be a little bit patient, ;) some of our Members will respond.

Thank you for being here.

Stijloor, Forum Moderator.

P.S. Have you utilized the search function here at The Cove Forums? Try it.

harry

Trusted Information Resource

Have you read the threads in the 'similar discussions' box below the page? 4 out of the 5 is about six sigma VS TQM.

I had and found some interesting answers there.

R

russa2

Six Sigma is a weak attempt to introduce statistics into the manufacturing process. The problem with Six Sigma is that hardly anyone understands statistics in the manufacturing world. So, Six Sigma Black Belts get paid a lot of money to "study" manufacturing when they there is a huge disconnect between these so called "experts" and the manufacturing environment. The whole “Six Sigma” world that includes training and certification is a joke. 95% of all “Six Sigma” projects in the manufacturing industry fail; plain and simple. Ask anyone in your company if they have ever been on a successful “Six Sigma” team. No one in private will say yes, but everyone in front of their manager will say “great job.”

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Six Sigma is a weak attempt to introduce statistics into the manufacturing process. The problem with Six Sigma is that hardly anyone understands statistics in the manufacturing world. So, Six Sigma Black Belts get paid a lot of money to "study" manufacturing when they there is a huge disconnect between these so called "experts" and the manufacturing environment. The whole “Six Sigma” world that includes training and certification is a joke. 95% of all “Six Sigma” projects in the manufacturing industry fail; plain and simple. Ask anyone in your company if they have ever been on a successful “Six Sigma” team. No one in private will say yes, but everyone in front of their manager will say “great job.”

I have little idea about Six Sigma. But, for certain this is a sweeping statement attracting contradiction. Take care.

harry

I used to have the same view but after coming here and see some 'real' six sigma guys, my views changed.

R

russa2

Give me a break "'real' six sigma guys" are working at colleges as professors. "Real six sigma guys" that completely understand statistics do not work in the automotive industry. Professors understand statistics, "six sigma guys" understand BS. PERIOD.

harry

Give me a break "'real' six sigma guys" are working at colleges as professors. "Real six sigma guys" that completely understand statistics do not work in the automotive industry. Professors understand statistics, "six sigma guys" understand BS. PERIOD.

You have every right to stick to your views but the very fact that you had not come across one doesn't mean none exist.

Chennaiite

Never-say-die

Give me the address of the College. I would like to have one for my Company.

Top Bottom