Have you heard about "Ample Amps" - "Miraculous Motors" - "Maxeff" ? (or Wanlass)

P

Popeos

Hi guys :bigwave:

I am in contact with a small company claiming to have invented a new great electric engine, that enable to save $$$ by combining an electric motor and a generator in the same electric motor after rewinding.

The inventor says that he was part of the Wanlass team but that then he then moved his way, and improved the system.

About 400 of these motors would have been installed in the US, from 2004 until now. And it would have been studied by the university of Oregon.

The problem is, I can't find anything with Google on this motor, no feedback from customers, nothing about the inventor himself (Greald Goch?), nothing about the Oregon study.

So far we have made some tests and measurements and in some cases we do find some savings, (some other cases we don't), but before commiting further with this company I'd like your feedback on this company if you know it / on the Wanlass motors other wise

And no, I don't believe in the easter bunny ;)

Popeos

P

Popeos

Hi Marc,

thanks for your experience.

I had posted in green / sustainable forum as they advertise under energy savings.

Any other feedback ?

Popeos

R

Randy Lefferts

There doesn?t seem to be much information available but I did find a couple of things mentioning Miraculous Motors. The patent information is available as is this document about a motor conversion the city of Clearwater did. Perhaps you could contact them?

This is a thread from a few years ago that started pretty much as yours did, including the statement about not believing in the Easter Bunny. ;)

I don?t have time to search for more. Hopefully you are able to contact the city of Clearwater, Florida and collect more information.

Oh, I used Bing to perform the search since you had stated you used google. There were a couple other links if you care to look including a corporate wiki that shows some linkages between him and a couple of companies.

P

Popeos

Thanks Randy,

Actually, I did find the thread with the Easter Bunny, but it doesn't say much, and I couldn't find the older threads it refers to.

And regarding the Florida county, you are right, I could ask them, but it is the same reference that pops up as a flagship everytime I google with new keywords.
As they are supposed to have installed hundreds of motors (Ample Amps alone, not counting Wanlass), I would have hoped for more feedback from the community.

Popeos

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
Any electric motor (except an induction motor) can function as a generator and any generator can function as an electric motor. If I take a motor, apply an external power to its axle (even from another electric motor) the motor becomes a generator.

We had motor-generator sets on submarines for conversion of DC to AC - you could charge the battery from the AC turbine generators, or if you didn't have reactor power available, you could run the AC loads off of the battery.

However, short of Atlas Shrugged (a motor running off of static electricity) you can't get electricity for free.

L

Leaping Spark

This miracle motor myth has been exposed as smoke and mirrors many time in the past as the purveyors of this scam have been bringing it the market since 1970. EASA recently wrote an article about the use of capacitors as a power saving device. Dr. Umans of MIT wrote an award winning technical article on this motor technology. My advice would be to avoid companies selling this technology as none of your major motor manufacturers will touch it with a ten foot pole.

K

kgott

This miracle motor myth has been exposed as smoke and mirrors many time in the past as the purveyors of this scam have been bringing it the market since 1970. EASA recently wrote an article about the use of capacitors as a power saving device. Dr. Umans of MIT wrote an award winning technical article on this motor technology. My advice would be to avoid companies selling this technology as none of your major motor manufacturers will touch it with a ten foot pole.

Many claims of inventing high efficient technology by individuals only to find the technology fails evaluation, are believed without question but when a 'for profit' organisation makes similar claims about various 'inventions' they come up with, they are beleived out of hand.

A good example is fibre optics. From what I have read many scientists and researches in the field were 'supprised' at such a short research and development period that it took to come up with them. Many were suspicious where the technology indeed came from.

We might all do well to learn the lessons of history, which is, that the world has only ever been changed by individuals who were crazy engough to think they could. I suggest that these 'nutjobs' have on occasions developed highly efficient technology that 'the powers that be' have declared them to be a failure and we have been duped and belevied such claims without question.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Many claims of inventing high efficient technology by individuals only to find the technology fails evaluation, are believed without question but when a 'for profit' organisation makes similar claims about various 'inventions' they come up with, they are beleived out of hand.

A good example is fibre optics. From what I have read many scientists and researches in the field were 'supprised' at such a short research and development period that it took to come up with them. Many were suspicious where the technology indeed came from.

We might all do well to learn the lessons of history, which is, that the world has only ever been changed by individuals who were crazy engough to think they could. I suggest that these 'nutjobs' have on occasions developed highly efficient technology that 'the powers that be' have declared them to be a failure and we have been duped and belevied such claims without question.

"They laughed at Galileo. They laughed at Newton. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." Carl Sagan

Top Bottom