What Airlines Really Charge (In 1 Simple Table)

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
The table omitted one very important fee, overweight baggage. The weight limit for overweight has steadily decreased until the typical bag is considered overweight. This ran $60 per bag on my recent vacation.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
The table omitted one very important fee, overweight baggage. The weight limit for overweight has steadily decreased until the typical bag is considered overweight. This ran $60 per bag on my recent vacation.
It's starting to make sense to UPS or Fedex baggage to one's destination - cost is nearly the same and you avoid hassle of TSA, baggage pickup, and baggage pilferage.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
I know what you mean. I picked up some duty free Johnny Walker Blue at $100 USD off per bottle. I was worried the entire way home that some TSA agent would pilfer it.

P

PaulJSmith

One of my bands is playing a show in California next month. We're flying out there with one carry-on per person, and decided to crate our instruments and ship them via carrier rather than risk the airlines. It may cost us a little more, but the piece of mind is worth it.

S

SEAKate

More and more this is seeming like the more reasonable, and more secure, option.

Top Bottom