Developing a Queue Management Procedure - Need some help writing a Proposal

B

biboy2012

Customer Queue Problem - Improving Distribution of Service

Because of the great suggestions I received from the above thread I was able to develop a queue management procedure.

If you don't mind please take a look at the attached procedure for the comparison between the current state and the proposed state.

Now - I am soliciting help in writing a proposal to make the concept clearer and sell my idea to my boss more effective because I am not an English native speaker.

Some of the benefits of my proposed solution (new process) that I was identified includes:

For Internal Support
1. More time to prepare
2. Less pressure
3. Less likely to commit error/s

For Customers
1. Reduce wait time at point of service
2. More likely to get accurate request

For Customer Service Representatives
1. Prevent occurrence of complaint re wait time

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• customer queue - request for review.xlsx
    51.2 KB · Views: 236
Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hodgepodge

In your proposed procedure, it looks like you have added another employee, the Service Desk Representative. This seems like a good idea. Why have customers wait the entire wait time for another customer to be helped just to find out that they have to wait again. The Service Desk Rep will be able to arrange for the "Internal Support" reducing the initial wait time for these customers. The Service Desk Rep could likely help with other small matters possibly further reducing the number of customers the Customer Service Rep will have to help. This seems fairly straight forward and is a common practice. If there are enough customers to justify another employee, it should be easy enough to convince management to buy in.

If you need more help convincing yourself or management of the need for another employee, have the customers fill out a survey card or form to understand the impact of this process on customer satisfaction. A frustrated customer will not want to come back. A satisfied one will.

Top Bottom