Boeing D6-51991 - Passing a DPD/MBD D6-51991 audit

C

chino0k

Hello, first of all, this is my first post, yes, but I have been reading on this website for the hours since I have found it.

We are a very small (5 person) machine shop who primarily manufactures parts for the aerospace industry. One of our customers has tasked us with passing a DPD/MBD D6-51991 audit by their QA Manager. This won't be an official Boeing audit, but an audit done by this company to comply with their procedures.

At the time being we only have a quality manual, so we have a lot of work to do. Can somebody steer me towards a sample DPD manual or some similar documents that will help me start this?

I have already read Boeings D6-51991 document, so I have a general understanding of what is required, just need to see it executed for some ideas.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Just a Quick Bump Up on this post

Can anyone provide some guidance/suggestions to this poster question?

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Hi, chino0k -

My procedure would not suit your 5 person machine shop. I audit our suppliers, but I do not go out to fab/machine shops with D6-51991 if they're doing details or uncomplicated subassemblies/weldments. I created my own checklist. Also though, I'm auditing tooling suppliers - not parts.

If I'm auditing a turnkey operation, then I use the Boeing task guide.

Do you design?

What CAD/CAM systems do you have? Do you work entirely model based? Do manufacturing and inspection operations have access to the authority dataset? Or do you store the models in limited access drives and plot 2D for manufacturing/inspection?

Do you have coordinate measuring systems like CMM, laser trackers or portable arms? And what systems are you running? Are you reporting in aircraft coordinates - or local part datum?

C

chino0k

Thank you very much for your response. I have spoke with the auditor and we have come to agreement on some key areas. For the size of our shop they are going to allow us to have our models verified and translated if need be by them, and we will not do any changes to them once received. We currently do not have a CMM or anything like that, which from what I read makes things a whole lot easier. Basically I am just going to setup up a secure, and encrypted drive where we store any models or drawings received by the customer, and document our whole process, including having them verify any models. I have been doing a lot of reading and planning on how to accomplish what they want, and I think I have gotten to that point. I am happy with what I am planning.

Thank you for your input.

C

chino0k

I believe I already saw these documents, and they were a help. I have also read Boeings D6-51991 a few times through.

Thank you for your input.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Your plan sounds exactly appropriate for your company. Let me know if you have any specific questions as you go along.
:bigwave:

A

Alphonso79

Just this year we had a company called 3dataflow help us out in becoming compliant and pass 2 customer audits. we attended one of their webinars hosted by Kubotek.

They really helped us in understanding what DPD/MBD requirements are really all about and the importance. This has really opened up a lot of doors for us with other customers.

Passing the audit is one thing but staying compliant and organized was another. They also offered us there solution which flows your customers data through the entire process and keeps it safe.

Thanks guys

Top Bottom