How important is External Verification of Corruption Prevention Programs?

E

ElisaRossi

International best practices such as the OECD Recommendation for Further Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions or the ISO 26 000 norm (section 6.6.3) are used in external verification processes to measure and ensure that a program of corruption prevention works and is consistent with international standards.

Businesses need to conduct proper risk assessments and any corruption prevention program must be tailored to combat those risks.

A reason for businesses to undergo external verification of their corruption prevention programs is that it means evidence can be provided to assert that all that was possible was done to prevent corruption. Companies are unable to guarantee corruption has never occurred; what they can do is provide evidence that they did their best to prevent it.
(edited out)

Do you think that external verification of corruption prevention programms is really necessary??

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Do you think that external verification of corruption prevention programms is really necessary??
I believe that, in most cases, organizations engaging with an external party to assess the robustness of their corruption prevention programs, do so AFTER an event that raises questions about the organization's ability to prevent fraudulent activities has taken place. In other words, it is typically a reaction to a public outcry.

I know that because the organization that I work for also provides this service line.

Top Bottom